Scanned a whole binder of Page tabs today.. check em out!

Started by cactuskeeb, September 26, 2009, 11:12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

picture_of_nectar

Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

cactuskeeb

Can we ditch this Forum, or sub-forum or whatever you want to call it, and put something more creative and/or specific to the obviously narrow-minded interests of those who use this space to share ideas and info?

Walker done done

Quote from: cactuskeeb on October 21, 2009, 12:31:31 PM
Can we ditch this Forum, or sub-forum or whatever you want to call it, and put something more creative and/or specific to the obviously narrow-minded interests of those who use this space to share ideas and info?

Not quite sure what you mean? 
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

Poster

cactus just has a bustle in his hedgerow cause i sent my amp to somebody else for mods. hell get my next one which should become my main deluxe. so ill have one main and one backup. in the meantime, cactus post tabs if you got um man. Otherwise this thread is worthless. But in regard to the value of our forum , I meet people ALL the time who go onto this site for tabs, lyrics, and general knowledge. We have more trolls than I could have ever imagined.

cactuskeeb

haha, bustle...
Guys, I just thought this forum was a little worthless and actually, when you see it and a number of other worthless forums--not talking about the main page w/ tabs, lyrics, etc.--they outnumber, or at least it seems this way to me, the number of forums that are consistently active; and I think it's these latter, active, forums that serve to give Forums at Strangedesign.org its unique identity vis-a-vis the original concept of an all-encompassing musical forum for phans, which was no doubt a noble vision but time has churned out something more specific (I know we can identify these specificities if we work together).

I am using the word "forums" to mean sub-headings (Page tabs) under main forums like Chords and Tabs.

Walker done done

But if you're suggesting we condense them for whatever reason - wait, are you suggestion that?  I guess I'd need to clarify that first.  But if you are, I don't really see the point.  It's not like the subforums, just because they're (for the most part) not being used need to be taken away or whatever.  Not like it's hard to navigate around just bcause there are unused or little used forums.  Just use the forums that you wanna use, and if anyone ever wants to add some Page tab (doubt it), at least it's here to add.  I've added some Gordon tabs & plenty of Trey tabs over the years, so I do see value in those forums.  You know, all this said and I still need clarification as to what you're suggesting.  Just use the ones you use and don't the ones you don't.  Ta da!

Wait, why are we doing this in a Page Tabs forum again?  :D
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.