Warren Haynes and Derek Trucks

Started by YouEnjoyMyReba, December 31, 2009, 12:24:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

YouEnjoyMyReba

Anybody got any idea what Warren Haynes and Derek Trucks are running?  I was listening to The Deep End and both of them sounded excellent.
LP Gibson Studio> Whammy II (currently not in rig)> Vox wah 847 (garmopat mod)>Ts9 (silver) X2> BiComp> Boomerang+> FDR '65 reissue

Poster

derek likes the new PRS amps, and uses a couple neat gibsons (most notably an SG, an Les Paul)

warren sports a really nice Les Paul and plays out of one of those expensive soldanos!

YouEnjoyMyReba

any idea what kinda pedals they use?
LP Gibson Studio> Whammy II (currently not in rig)> Vox wah 847 (garmopat mod)>Ts9 (silver) X2> BiComp> Boomerang+> FDR '65 reissue

Poster

i know derek used to use a tubeslammer a while ago, and i think warren just used the amp switcher on that soldano.

YouEnjoyMyReba

I just listened to an audio clip of a tubeslammer.  I thought it sounded pretty good, what do u think about them?

Poster

i think they are great for solid body guitars in that les paul + marshall realm of tone. all into that dickey betts great southern tone. very neat

YouEnjoyMyReba

jonb52578

warren uses a shit ton of amps. in just the deep end dvd he uses a custom audio electronics amp, saldono's, gibson goldtones, you name it i have seen him use it. he's pretty big on gibson guitars. lespauls, 335's, firebirds, ect. i know when he did the central park thing with dave it was guitar cable gibson goldtone 2x12 amp
talking about music is like dancing about architecture

iceman91

Derek doesn't use any pedals, I think he has an amp selector now. He just uses the amp's natural overdrive to get his tone. He used to use Super Reverbs, but now I believe he is using PRS amps.

fulltone1989

I just grabbed this off the net for derek, when I saw him at Mt. Jam that's what he was running ->http://www.uberproaudio.com/who-plays-what/255-derek-trucks-guitar-gear-rig-and-equipment

This is pretty up-to-date, saw all this stuff at Mt. Jam too -> http://www.premierguitar.com/Video/20101108/1235/Rig_Rundown_Gov_t_Mules_Warren_Haynes.aspx

Warren's tech looks like his fat little brother.
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

picture_of_nectar

Just sold my Gibson Warren Haynes R8 today.

Sick guitar, beautiful color, but just too heavy for me.
Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone