Giant Panda Guerilla Dub Squad (Dylan Savage)

Started by Walker done done, February 05, 2010, 11:41:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walker done done

Not sure if anyone here has seen/heard of these guys yet, but they're pretty decent.  I first caught wind of them @ the Up Norht Music Festival in Hiram, ME a couple years ago and just saw them on Wednesday here at The Empire in Portland - they were opening for John Brown's Body.  On a side note, I went to see GPGDS, as I also saw JBB @ the Up North Fest and came away uninspired.  If you get a chance to see GPGDS though, they're pretty good, check 'em out.

Anyways, went up to check out the guitarist's (Dylan Savage) gear afterwards, and was kinda surprised.  He had a killer Fender Delux, an oldie, not sure what year, but it sounded amazing.  From what I can remember of his pedals, he was running 2 TS9's (one was original from the 80's, the other was an Analogman, not sure if it was Silver mod or not, and he had no idea what I was talking about when I asked him about it, which I found strange, humerous, etc.  and no, he wasn't messing with me, he literally had no idea when I asked him "is that the silver mod, brown mod, etc."). 

He also had an old school dark gray MXR looking pedal that was pretty beat up but he said he loved it.  Can't remember what pedal it was and can't find it after a brief search on the net.  He also was running 3 other older Boss pedals, one was a delay, and 1 I believe was a modulation.  Sorry, I should've taken better inventory, pics, etc. but I didn't.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.