Trey winter tour announced

Started by Walker done done, January 06, 2010, 04:48:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walker done done

Most of us already knew this was going to happen, but it's now official:

http://trey.com/

What sucks for me is the night he's in Boston, I've got a show in Freeport, right down the road from our friend AO.  Ah well.  Might hit the CT show the next night.  I've got a buddy who's throwing a house warming party (not a Trey/Phish fan) for his new house he just bought....my initial instincts tell me that it's ok to skip a house warming party for a Trey show, but I'd like to confirm this with y'all.  Pretty sure it's ok though. 
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

YouEnjoyMyReba

Quote from: Walker done done on January 06, 2010, 04:48:37 PM
Most of us already knew this was going to happen, but it's now official:

http://trey.com/

I've got a buddy who's throwing a house warming party (not a Trey/Phish fan) for his new house he just bought....my initial instincts tell me that it's ok to skip a house warming party for a Trey show, but I'd like to confirm this with y'all.  Pretty sure it's ok though. 

absolutely
LP Gibson Studio> Whammy II (currently not in rig)> Vox wah 847 (garmopat mod)>Ts9 (silver) X2> BiComp> Boomerang+> FDR '65 reissue

picture_of_nectar

no love for us west coasties.  :(
I remember seeing Trey in Eureka, Ca a few years back, 05 maybe. Super fun, tiny crowd.
Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

sour d

Now that your friend owns the house, you can party there another time. Now you just have to convince  your band that they can play without you for one night. It's just that easy. See you in boston.
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

Poster

iam planning on hitting nashville and knoxvegas! ill report in  ;D

Walker done done

Unfortunately, it looks like neither is going to happen.  After some deliberation, I've realized these kids come to all of our shows, house parties, cookouts, Sox/Pats game days, etc.  I would be a douche of a friend if I didn't show the one time they requested.  You only get one house-warming party, after all.  It sucks in a way, but Phish will be back around this summer.  Early word is that it's a West > East trip, ending in Maine.  But again, it's EARLY word, so who the hell knows.  I will however miss not hearing whatever new material Trey's cooking up, as I am interested to see what keeps boling over the musical pot that he seems to have cultivated since his arrest.  I've been quite happy with the majority of the work thus far.  Trey in Boston is always a blast, and the Hard Rock should be a GA show that will delight.

Hey Sour D - you coming down from Oxford to hit up our gig @ Buck's Naked BBQ in Freeport?  You should (you probably expected me to say that though).  But really, it's only about what, a 20-30 minute drive?  And Buck's has some great food...BBQ.....who'da thunk it?  It's our first time there so I'm not really sure what to expect; I've never seen a show there, only been downstairs to check out the room, but we're looking forward to it.

Poster, I'm anticipating reviews of your TN shows, and for Christ's sake get close and snap some damn pics, will ya?  Make like a ninja and git on up there!  Come to think of it, with your crafty negotiating skills and voodoo talk you should be able to finagle a way back stage.  The bar is set.  Don't dissapoint.  It's a Trey show.  This is easy.  8)
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

Poster

Yeah, I always go front row for Trey Shows with open seating. My blackberry takes some decent pics, so Iam on it man. Back stage, meh, I need a reason to seek that out? Do we need to know the phish summer tour schedule? Maybe get a short interview about his thoughts on the design! :0) Ive heard he had lurked around here before!

sour d

walker i'd love to see you guys at bucks! what is the date? if it is the same day as trey and i dont get tickets i will be there. bucks is great! my wifes cousin used to run the open mike there.
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

Walker done done

Friday February 12th.  And yes, same day as Trey Boston.  Bummer, 'cuz I'd love to go, but defintely hit me up if you're able to make it.

Loop 3 Boomerang+