Main Menu

Cactus tour

Started by Walker done done, March 11, 2010, 12:24:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walker done done

Hey anybody seen any of Mike's shows yet?  If so what did you think?  Anyone planning on going to any?  We're heading to the tour closer in Lebanon.  I've heard some good things thus far about the way the band is performing, though have yet to hear any of the shows myself.  And also, I'm blaming Mike and his tour for the delayed summer tour announcement.  Thanks Mike.  I may let him know if I talk to him in Lebanon.  I'll be like "Mike, thanks a lot for deaying summer tour.  Pretty selfish, don't you think?  I mean, there are a lot of other people in this world besides you, you know.  Yeah.  Chew on that.  By the way, I had a great time tonight, you guys rocked.  Can't wait to see you again!"  Baaaahahahahahahahahahahahaa!  That would be funny.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

HunSanity

my buddy is going friday night @ the TLA and im thinking of hitting it up but dont have a ticket yet.  if i end up getting one on the cheap ill go but either way ill let you know what I (or he) thinks..

HunSanity

talked to my buddy that went and he said a lot of banjo..i really didnt need ot ask any more Q's after that..

Walker done done

Saw Gordo last night in Lebanon.  Before I continue, let me just give a big fuck you to New Hampshire.  That drive from Portland sucked balls, and New Hanpshire is apparently too poor to afford any nice weather, which made the driving a ton of fun.  Thanks a lot!  All you're good for are your liquor stores (which can be found every 15 yards) and your tax-free purchases.  That's it.  Also, Lebanon is BEAT in every sense of the word.  "Ain't nuthin' goin' on they-uh", as one local put it.  They didn't even serve refreshments in the Lebanon Opera House - only a mere water fountain.  And of course, being old and in New England, the ventilation was non-existant.  The only saving grace was they let us all out at setbreak w/ free re-admission so we all bounced across the street to the only bar still open in town to crush some quick beers before second set.

Soooo....show was good.  The sound not so much, but it got better the closer you got.  If you were under the balcony overhang it sounded like someone torturing your ears.  The setlist was smokin', I thought:

I:
Another Door
Middle of the Road
Meat >
Willow Tree
*Fiddle Jam
Jaded >
Weekly Time >
Jaded
Nodoby's Home >
Suskind Hotel

II:
Morphing Again
Only A Dream
Hap Nappy
Sugar Shack
15 Step >
River Niger
Be Good and You'll Be Lonely
She Said, She Said

E:
Jones
*Country Boy

* with Joe Cleary on fiddle

The entire second set was pretty sweet, and I was psyched to see Suskind - I hope Gordon brings that one, as well as a few others, to Phish this summer.  And surprisingly the light show wasn't all that bad.  They were using these 2 laser type lights, one on each side of the stage, behind the band, and I think they did a good job gauging what they needed for this show/tour - small rooms like opera house such as this one (with white walls/decor) were perfect for it.  I'd like to look into how much those puppies are 'cuz they defintely made quite a difference when they were engaged - gave the room a totally different funked out feel. 

One really funny part was during Sugar Shack - it looked like Scott had burned down during setbreak and was in la-la land and had forgotten that he was supposed to be driving the bus for the lead part.  Consequently a "jam" was put in place of where the first lead section typically goes.  I guess it could've been a planned jam, but it sure looked and felt out of place, and at one point Mike looked over at him qith a quizzical look and then leaned it and said something to him like "hey dude...this is YOUR part!" 
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.