whammy 1, whammy 2 gut shots

Started by sour d, May 15, 2010, 10:05:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sour d

I never knew that there are different versions of the whammy 1 until I opened up 2 of them tonight. When you see whammy 1's on ebay going for $700 you would assume they are all the same. These two have big differences. One is ver G and the other is ver B. Ver B has a completely different optical sensor set up ( no led on the end of the thingy and no cardboard to keep out light). A lot of the chips are different too. I couldn't find any info on the web about different revs of the wh-1. I included pics of a whammy2 so you can see the differences there.

Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

Happyorange27

These are beautiful shots.  Something you could print and frame on your wall.  Thanks for sharing.
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex