NYE Couch Tour!

Started by Walker done done, December 20, 2010, 10:14:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walker done done

Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

Poster

This is gonna be awesome! Ill have to download the rip though  :'(

picture_of_nectar

totally stoaked, need to figure out how to connect laptop to my tv/stereo system.
Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

Walker done done

Quote from: picture_of_nectar on December 20, 2010, 03:44:44 PM
totally stoaked, need to figure out how to connect laptop to my tv/stereo system.

I was looking around for the same thing today.  Found this site....not the best but it's a start:

http://www.online-tech-tips.com/computer-tips/how-to-connect-your-laptoppccomputer-to-your-tv/

Here's another one:

http://www.labnol.org/software/tutorials/how-to-connect-laptop-computer-tv-screen-lcd-hdtv/2331/
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

picture_of_nectar

Hm thanks!
yeah my laptop has a VGA port. Not sure about the amp. Also need to connect sound to my stereo amp but I think that's easy with the headphone jack.
Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

Walker done done

Shit I forgot about the sound (doh!)....I was assuming that by connecting my laptop to my TV both video and sound would transfer, but on second though that may not be the case.  Hmmm. 

Hey I also just noticed on the Phish site that they give you some instruction on how to do the hook up...check that out too.

Loop 3 Boomerang+

raisingfreen

Walker,
The old aluminum powermac laptop you have will do what you are trying to do. There is a video and audio cable that you have with that laptop that can hook into the back of your TV. (Should have pins on one side and 3 RCA type jacks on the other) The screen will show exactly what is on the screen of the laptop. It will either clone the entire screen interface and all or it will just show the screen you have up with the video.
You have to specify in the macs audio preferences how you want the sound output. You would use the standard audio out as well and just connect that to your surround sound. (Stereo mini to RCA plugs)

Too bad they can't stream this to quicktime as that would be really nice and easily transfer to a flat screen TV. You still have have time to research this further and head down to the radio shack for your last minute couch tour audio geek fixin's.
AO Guitars - Venus Hollow Rim w/Wolftone Dr. Vintage Humbuckers
Signal: Tuner>MXR Dist+>Ross Comp>RV-3>Alesis Nano>Silverface Vibrolux