Just Upgraded My Rig

Started by patrickstefanski, March 12, 2011, 01:39:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

patrickstefanski

Hey guys,
     Thought I'd share a little rig update.  In preparation for my AO guitar nearing completion, I decided to upgrade my rig.
Lots of subbing and a new addition.

Heres a shot of the OLD RIG

And here's shittier picture of the NEW RIG:

I subbed out the two TS9s for the AnalogMan King of Tone.  Very similar in functionality, but wow that King of Tone really sounds pretty.  And I found striking a balance is a bit easier when you have them both on.
I also subbed my Analogman Bi-Comprosser (which I only ever really used the "ross" side of anyway) for the real deal holyfield. And that was a GREAT decision.  Sorry Analogman, but something is missing.
Mutron is gone for the Crybaby.  And I totally love the addition of the boomerang.  Gives me a great jam buddy who doesn't mind playing the same chord progression over and over and over and over.

Really happy with it so far.

Current Rig:
Ron Kirn Barn Buster Telecaster---->Crybaby-->Ross Compressor--->Analogman King of Tone(just replaced my two TS9-Silver Mods)--->Ernie Ball Volume Pedal---> Fender Deluxe Reverb RI.  All connected using AO Guitars custom cables which are insane.

WOAH! New Blog! Check out my AO Guitars 'Doc Build here: www.patrickstefanski.com/blog *******UPDATED 03/11/11

Happyorange27

Thanks for the detailed pictures. I love to see rigs, especially evolved ones. Nice job. Clean layout as always. Mine looks like a spaghetti dinner my baby just threw on the wall.
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

picture_of_nectar

Nice, now get your hands on an RMC3

And I totally agree on your Ross assessment.
Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

phishlips

Patrick, wanna get rid of one of those tube screamers?  If soo let me know, I'd want one.
G&L ASAT lately into- RMC3, modded ts7, modded ts9, ibanez delay, ross compressor, boss tuner, fender super.  lots of other stuff but thats the meat and potatoes.

sour d

I agree with the ross thing too. I've owned a couple ross compressors, black and gray, and I have a keeley and a bicomprossor, and I still go to the ross as my favorite. I'm looking at your compressor knobs and things changed a lot between the analogman and the ross. Looks like your digging the super squish.
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

sour d

Quote from: phishlips on March 12, 2011, 08:47:55 PM
Patrick, wanna get rid of one of those tube screamers?  If soo let me know, I'd want one.
What's wrong with the modded screamers you're using now?
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

patrickstefanski

Quote from: phishlips on March 12, 2011, 08:47:55 PM

Mmmm, maybe after I settle into a more permanent Ts-9less life.  I would hate to give something up and regret it.
Current Rig:
Ron Kirn Barn Buster Telecaster---->Crybaby-->Ross Compressor--->Analogman King of Tone(just replaced my two TS9-Silver Mods)--->Ernie Ball Volume Pedal---> Fender Deluxe Reverb RI.  All connected using AO Guitars custom cables which are insane.

WOAH! New Blog! Check out my AO Guitars 'Doc Build here: www.patrickstefanski.com/blog *******UPDATED 03/11/11

patrickstefanski

Quote from: sour d on March 12, 2011, 09:19:59 PM
I agree with the ross thing too. I've owned a couple ross compressors, black and gray, and I have a keeley and a bicomprossor, and I still go to the ross as my favorite. I'm looking at your compressor knobs and things changed a lot between the analogman and the ross. Looks like your digging the super squish.

Haha, yeah, that picture was taken after my first real trial run with ross.  That knob moved around a lot just for fun.  I haven't landed on my final spot yet.
Current Rig:

phishlips

Hey Patrick, sorry to bark at ya bout your tubescreamers.  I may have been a beer or two in when I replied to your post.  Not to say I wouldn't be interested if you decided to let one go but taking your time is the best bet.  I hardly ever get rid of anything no matter how long I don't use it for.  Btw, you rig is looking good.  Need to hear it sometime.

Sour, I don't know...my tubescreamers are ok but one of them is a little too metally for me anymore.  Need one thats a little more organic perhaps.  I have been playing the same pedals for too long, need something to change.
G&L ASAT lately into- RMC3, modded ts7, modded ts9, ibanez delay, ross compressor, boss tuner, fender super.  lots of other stuff but thats the meat and potatoes.

patrickstefanski

no worries man.
if i do sell anything i'd rather sell it to someone i know will put it to good use.
Current Rig:

ColForbin

Is your king of tone the standard model?  Any options?  Also, did you wait on the super duper long waiting list or did you buy off the many floating around out there?  I'm on the list for curiosity more so than anything, I think I have a couple months to go.  But I think I will really like it.

Current rig: 
Guitars:  AO Koa Venus, Denis Larocque Tele
Effects Board: AO Wheel-->Korg Pitchblack-->CAE M404 Wah-->Pigtronix Fat drive-->TC Electronic Alter Ego Delay-->amp
Amps:  Fender 1972 Twin Reverb

patrickstefanski

Quote from: ColForbin on March 14, 2011, 10:56:53 AM
Is your king of tone the standard model?  Any options?  Also, did you wait on the super duper long waiting list or did you buy off the many floating around out there?  I'm on the list for curiosity more so than anything, I think I have a couple months to go.  But I think I will really like it.

Mine is the King of Tone 4 standard.  Yeah I watied about a year and 5 months. It's great, I really like it.
Current Rig:

Happyorange27

Quote from: patrickstefanski on March 14, 2011, 11:29:35 AM

Mine is the King of Tone 4 standard.  Yeah I watied about a year and 5 months. It's great, I really like it.

Damn!  I could reverse engineer that thing in a couple months and start selling my own Tone Clone :P  That's a terribly long time to wait.  I'm sure it was all worth it however.
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

patrickstefanski

Quote from: Happyorange27 on March 14, 2011, 11:48:20 AM

Damn!  I could reverse engineer that thing in a couple months and start selling my own Tone Clone :P  That's a terribly long time to wait.  I'm sure it was all worth it however.

Yeah it was a wait.  But I wasn't "waiting for it."  I was happy with my rig at the time with the two TS9s.  I heard this thing was great, so I put myself on the list, and went about my life.  Then about a year and half later i heard it was my turn.  I ordered it under the notion that if i didn't like it i would just make some profit selling it on ebay to someone who didn't want to wait, but lo, i loved it.
Current Rig:

ColForbin

Quote from: patrickstefanski on March 14, 2011, 11:29:35 AM

Right on, I was thinking about the 4 jack option ($75) in case I wanted to run a clean boost after my compressor, but now I feel like I don't really need it.  I've waited long enough, and that adds a few extra weeks onto the shipment, not to mention another $75.  If you could, could you elaborate on the tone of running it into the compressor?  There is all sorts of KOT demos out there, but I haven't heard any that gives me a feel as to how it reacts to a Ross "type" compressor.  Is it sweet and delicious??
Current rig: 
Guitars:  AO Koa Venus, Denis Larocque Tele
Effects Board: AO Wheel-->Korg Pitchblack-->CAE M404 Wah-->Pigtronix Fat drive-->TC Electronic Alter Ego Delay-->amp
Amps:  Fender 1972 Twin Reverb