WTB: Analogman Comprossor

Started by CBMarley, March 15, 2011, 10:11:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sour d

Quote from: IamWILSON on March 18, 2011, 03:29:39 AM

My Keeley Comp is s/n 536.  Also from '02, so it's funny to me to see that Analog Man who always claims that he was the first to do these only made 29 of them while Keeley had already made over 500. 
That's because it's a small box comp and before that he was using the large boxes. so it's #29 of the small box version.
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

IamWILSON

Quote from: sour d on March 18, 2011, 12:06:27 PM
Quote from: IamWILSON on March 18, 2011, 03:29:39 AM

My Keeley Comp is s/n 536.  Also from '02, so it's funny to me to see that Analog Man who always claims that he was the first to do these only made 29 of them while Keeley had already made over 500. 
That's because it's a small box comp and before that he was using the large boxes. so it's #29 of the small box version.
Well that makes plenty of sense.... I really like my Keeley, but I still have this inclination to try out the Analogman comps, as well as some of the others out there.  I got a great deal on Ebay for a mint, barely used Maxon OD-9, but have never sent it to AM yet b/c I've spent way too much money on gear over the last year and it doesn't seem like the right thing to do when my credit card debt is as big as it is.  At least lately the numbers are going down, which means no new toys to experiment with these days.  But I've got plenty of effects and effect accessory type things that I need to sell after finally nailing down what I like in my chain. 
Guitars: Fender Clapton Strat, Ibanez AS80, Ibanez AF75, Malden Holly Keyser [SD Jazz (neck), SD '59 (bridge)], Carlo Robelli USH-500HB, Martin DC-1E ('98), and a Peavey Grind 5-string bass.

Effects in chain: Whammy II (dry out to Korg Tuner), RMC6, TS-9 ('82), TS-808 ('81), Ross Compressor, Fulltone SupaTrem, Fulltone DejaVibe2, TC Elec Nova Repeater, Ibanez Digital Modulation Delay III (DML20), Boomerang+, Alesis Microverb I, H&K Rotosphere MkII --> amps.

Amps: Mesa Boogie MkIII Blue Stripe, Egnator Rebel 20 head > Mesa Boogie Road King 2x12 cab, Fender Blues Jr. Humboldt, Marshall VS102R, Fender Champion 600, and Fender Frontman 25R.

Effects currently not in chain: Ross Compressor (MIT), Keeley Compressor (2-knob), Keeley TS-9, and TS-9 ('82).