Question about sharing tunes

Started by fulltone1989, June 27, 2011, 01:45:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulltone1989

Is there a spot to post links to shows? Or is this a no-no
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

IamWILSON

I would say just do it!  If it's not acceptable, I'm sure "one" of the mods might remove it and tell you about your negative attitude!  Or another mod may just remove it and let you know that we can't do that here. 
Guitars: Fender Clapton Strat, Ibanez AS80, Ibanez AF75, Malden Holly Keyser [SD Jazz (neck), SD '59 (bridge)], Carlo Robelli USH-500HB, Martin DC-1E ('98), and a Peavey Grind 5-string bass.

Effects in chain: Whammy II (dry out to Korg Tuner), RMC6, TS-9 ('82), TS-808 ('81), Ross Compressor, Fulltone SupaTrem, Fulltone DejaVibe2, TC Elec Nova Repeater, Ibanez Digital Modulation Delay III (DML20), Boomerang+, Alesis Microverb I, H&K Rotosphere MkII --> amps.

Amps: Mesa Boogie MkIII Blue Stripe, Egnator Rebel 20 head > Mesa Boogie Road King 2x12 cab, Fender Blues Jr. Humboldt, Marshall VS102R, Fender Champion 600, and Fender Frontman 25R.

Effects currently not in chain: Ross Compressor (MIT), Keeley Compressor (2-knob), Keeley TS-9, and TS-9 ('82).

Walker done done

Guys - be smart about posting shows please, especially if they're a certain "high-quality" source.  We don't want:

a.) scrutiny on this board because links are getting posted here
b.) to risk having other sites get shut down because someone posted a link on here

If you have a show to share (particularly a recently played show), IM it around or email the link.  Posting on a board is a big no-no.  Unless of course it's been ok'd by the powers that be.  i.e. AUD recordings, etc.

(I must say - I may've jumped the gun on deleting your show thomasmclellan....I didn't click on the link - I assumed it was a '11 SBD, so please accept my apology if it was something else!)
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

fulltone1989

Quote from: Walker done done on June 29, 2011, 10:56:03 AM
Guys - be smart about posting shows please, especially if they're a certain "high-quality" source.  We don't want:

a.) scrutiny on this board because links are getting posted here
b.) to risk having other sites get shut down because someone posted a link on here

If you have a show to share (particularly a recently played show), IM it around or email the link.  Posting on a board is a big no-no.  Unless of course it's been ok'd by the powers that be.  i.e. AUD recordings, etc.

(I must say - I may've jumped the gun on deleting your show thomasmclellan....I didn't click on the link - I assumed it was a '11 SBD, so please accept my apology if it was something else!)

Nope, it's totally understandable, just thought I'd share some from my personal collection of links that I host. Don't wanna screw up SD by any means. Would a password protected environment be a possible place for users to share tunes? Or is that just a dumb idea.
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs

picture_of_nectar

Bottom line is that sharing links to livephish sbrds is against the bands written policy and wishes.

Not saying it isn't done. But posting them openly in public forums is pretty blatantly disrespecting their stance. I think it's pretty cool that phish offers the show for a pretty low cost within hours of the encore. No reason to throw it in back their faces.

Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

fulltone1989

Quote from: picture_of_nectar on June 29, 2011, 01:43:50 PM
Bottom line is that sharing links to livephish sbrds is against the bands written policy and wishes.

Not saying it isn't done. But posting them openly in public forums is pretty blatantly disrespecting their stance. I think it's pretty cool that phish offers the show for a pretty low cost within hours of the encore. No reason to throw it in back their faces.

That link I posted was for some remastered Mule I had lying around, no Phish. Since they can get with selling tickets for $60 they've graciously included a SBD download of their performance that night. They're giving away 12,000 of these per night and in a perfect world, not one of those people is going to upload it to a file hosting site, but that's definitely not the case. How does nugs.net get away with posting free soundboards?

Kind of a Hipster thing to do, but follow my Tumblr I post some new shows or albums every day or so. Except this weekend will be at Super Ball IX!!!!!

http://thomasmaclennan.tumblr.com/

Poster

^ I think its all about the source. If its recorded by a private individual, it may or may not be in conflict with each bands taping policy. The majority of all the dead/phish stuff on nugs has been the same fan taped sources theyve had up for years. Probably same for the new shows. I know a couple tapers with some really kick ass rigs that do alot of panic/ db truckers/ nma allstars. There tapes are all over etree