iPhone studio apps and Soundcloud

Started by Happyorange27, August 06, 2011, 06:49:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Happyorange27

So lately I've been getting into many iPhone recording apps. You can actually do a hell of a lot of things this way. In a nut shell you can record guitar, ambient, whatever in stereo, monitor with effects, loop, multitrack, mix, copy, paste, import, export, you name it. So I'm totally having fun with these apps.

Loopy let's me lay down up to six tracks and visually keep tabs on them and easily tap them in and out of mix, subdivide, multiply, alter tempo, etc. So I just sat down with my AO and my iPhone and made a sweet loop mix with the iPhone earbuds.

I pushed it to Soundcloud. My user name is happyorange27 (big surprise). Anyone other than PON on Soundcloud? Whats your usernames so I can check your stuff out?

This was recorded in like two minutes. Listen as I peel away each track.
http://soundcloud.com/happyorange27/unplugged-loopy
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

jadirusso

Nice so that was just the AO acoustically recorded?  I'll have to look into that app. How much was it? I have one that was free called Multi Track that's a basic 4 track recorder. Works pretty good for sketching ideas out etc.
Joe

current rig: AO Guitars Koa Venus Hollow-Rim->Q-tron->RMC2->Fulltone OCD->TS-9->TS-9 silver->Ross Compressor->Whammy II->Nova Repeater->Boomerang+->Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb RI

Other guitars: Gibson Les Paul Double Cut, Fender Strat, Ibanez AS-80, Carvin AE-185
Other amps: Fender Twin Reverb reissue, Mesa Boogie Mark III head

Happyorange27

Yep just me, AO unplugged, iPhone and earbuds. It's called Loopy. It's three dollars. So fun man. I'm hooked. I'll put up another mix I just made sitting by the pool.
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

Happyorange27

This is far from a good performance by a nice sample of me getting closer to the tone. Just a tidbit.
http://soundcloud.com/happyorange27/possum-sample

Happyorange27

Here is another Soundcloud clip.  I finally got my Blue Mikey microphone for the iphone.  It records in stereo well.  Again this isn't the best performance ever but it's kind of tasty.

http://soundcloud.com/happyorange27/just-whalin