Allow me to introduce myself....

Started by manicstarseed, August 31, 2011, 01:22:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

manicstarseed

My name is Glenn.
I am 42, and work as a mechanical engineer. I make the clean rooms that make your computer chips...Guitar is my instrument of choice

I have been loving Phish since '91. Got my first Cort electric back in 1985 and have been playing ever since.
I found this forum because I have finally have enough understanding and technique that I feel I can now approach learning  Trey's music and  actually understand it and make progress.
Currently I have Divide Sky, Free, Stash and YEM on my learning plate and have made decent progress on the first three. I have been playing ACDC Bag, Sparkle, Fluff head, Simple for years, but its time to take them all to a new level.

I am a tone hunter. I am always looking to learn more about  "TONE" and how to get it.

I play a Gibson Les Paul, w/ Pearly Gate pickups wired with push - pull pots selecting normal or single coil for both the neck and bridge positions. I also just picked up a Fender Strat and am learning what that ax can do. As for amps, I like the feature laden Mesas. I have an Express 25 and a Nomad 55.

What attracted me here was the very good tabs and this forum. People seem to care about the music they make and enjoy doing it.

I hope I can contribute because I certainly know I can learn from teh folks here.

Glenn
Guitar>GCB-95 Wah>Qtron+>Vibe Machine>TS9> Booty Queue Retro Comp>Phase 90-script >Express 25 - FX loop> Nova Repeater>Nova Reverb>Boss- RC-20XL>Amp Return.

Guitars: 1976 Gibson Les Paul (w/ SD Pearly Gates).
Schecter C1-E/A Semi-hollow with '76 Gibson Stock Pickups + MIDI
Fender Stratocaster + MIDI
Synthesizer->GR-55
Sideboard-> Boss SD-1, and OC-3 , MXR 10-band EQ

Amps: Mesa Nomad 55, Express 25 (both 1x12 combos) and Fender Frontman25R w/ 10" Eminence Rajin Cajun speaker

sour d

Quote from: manicstarseed on August 31, 2011, 01:22:52 AM
My name is Glenn.
I am 42, and work as a mechanical engineer. I make the clean rooms that make your computer chips...
I work in a fab in Maine making chips for national semiconductor (soon to be TI). Welcome.
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

Happyorange27

Glenn, welcome my friend.  I too am a mechanical engineer.  I currently work in R & D for 3M in the packaging equipment department.

You sound like you are already have a good grip on gear and music; I know you will fit in great with this forum.  Heck you know songs I don't know how to play  :P

Cheers
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

Walker done done

Welcome Glenn!  Feel free to ask away, we've got some great minds on this board and some great teachers as well.  Looking forward to your contributions.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

manicstarseed

Thank you all for the warm welcome. I hope I can contribute over time.
Since you all divulged your employers, 3M, NSC... very big names indeed, I guess its fair to say that Intel is my source of all things money.  The loner chips are a sweet perk too  ;)
It's all a means to an end which is gear to make music... oh and eat too.

Glad to see we already share things in common, besides  Phish and Guitar and a hunger to make good music.

Anyway I am enjoying the clips and discussions that are on this forum.
See you there...
Guitar>GCB-95 Wah>Qtron+>Vibe Machine>TS9> Booty Queue Retro Comp>Phase 90-script >Express 25 - FX loop> Nova Repeater>Nova Reverb>Boss- RC-20XL>Amp Return.

Guitars: 1976 Gibson Les Paul (w/ SD Pearly Gates).
Schecter C1-E/A Semi-hollow with '76 Gibson Stock Pickups + MIDI
Fender Stratocaster + MIDI
Synthesizer->GR-55
Sideboard-> Boss SD-1, and OC-3 , MXR 10-band EQ

Amps: Mesa Nomad 55, Express 25 (both 1x12 combos) and Fender Frontman25R w/ 10" Eminence Rajin Cajun speaker