Anyone else got a Digitech Whammy II pedal (the red one)?

Started by Walker done done, June 01, 2007, 12:19:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walker done done

Because I bought one and find it rather cumbersome to have to \"reach down\" to turn the friggin' knob everytime I want to change the settings.  A real pain in the ass when in the middle of a jam or something.

This may be a naive question, but is there any easy way to alleviate this problem?  A-la a foot switch or something?

I know the model that Trey uses has a footswitch built in, so you don't have to \"reach down\" and turn the stupid knob, but those models are hard to find and expensive.

Thanks for the feedback.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

strangedesign

I believe you have the Whammy 1 (red)... Trey plays the whammy 2 (black)
All aboard for the tour, riding next to the truth...

www.strangedesign.org

Stiles12

you are playing a re-issue whammy 4 most likely thier is a thing that  you  can get that they sell on ebay that will help you out. its about five dollars and it hooks on to the wheel that you have to twist with your fingers... never tried it, but i hear its sick
Guitars- Parker Fly Mojo, McInturff Standard, gibson 446.
effect and amp chain- Ts9 silver (X2), Rmc-3, (To Rack) Groove Tube Trio> BBE Compressor> GCX Audio Switcher> Whammy II> Boomerang> D-Two> Dm-2000> Tc electronics M-one XL> VHT 2:90:2
SPL Transducer

Walker done done

Yup, I went out and got it a few weeks back - it's called the \"Whammy Wheel\" and was about $12 w/ shipping, if I recall correctly.

Thing works pretty well.  It's nothing genius - just a piece of plastic cut into a circle shape with a donut hole in the middle and some clear rubber on the inside thread of that donut hole to help it to \"stick\" to the Whammy knob.  You could easily make one w/ the right stuff, but for $7 + shipping, what the hell.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

Stiles12

if anyone is interested in an orginal whammy II same one that trey uses in near perfect condition let me know i am looking to sell the extra one that i have and will prob end up putting that thing on ebay... works good for best use ground the cable to the input jack sounds best i think even though the conection may be a bit smaller
effect and amp chain- Ts9 silver (X2), Rmc-3, (To Rack) Groove Tube Trio> BBE Compressor> GCX Audio Switcher> Whammy II> Boomerang> D-Two> Dm-2000> Tc electronics M-one XL> VHT 2:90:2
SPL Transducer

Walker done done

Loop 3 Boomerang+

Stiles12

well i figure i could get 250 plus for it on ebay with out it breaking a sweat so probably somewhere in that range.
SPL Transducer