FS: Trey Deluxe Reverb

Started by davidl13, November 14, 2011, 11:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidl13

Fender Deluxe reverb (custom)
This amp began life as a mid 70's deluxe reverb in mint condition
This deluxe reverb was modified by the same amp builder who built trey's deluxe. It is a clone of his amp and has expanded features, just like Trey's

Front panel features:
Added mid control in 2nd input on each channel
Special switch on the vibrato intensity that removes the vibrato from the circuit entirely when not in use....better tone
Normal channel and vibrato channel are voiced differently for A/B box channel switching
Tilt back legs

Rear Panel features:
pentode/triode switching
negative feedback control (on rear panel)
2-4-8 ohm speaker impedance selector for external cabinet flexibility
Class A or Class A/B operation
Built in cooling fan for reliable class A operation
Solid state rectifier for higher headroom (or  with rectifier tube)
New hand selected  tung sol preamp tubes
5992 military spec power amp amp tubes
Tone Tubby alnico hempcone speaker
Updated power cord with 3 Heavy Duty 3 prong grounded plug

Awesome sound,   a special amp....sings like a bird...
Comes with a padded tuki cover
Professionally maintained at all times.
$3199...below cost for this amazing amp
Worth every penny
http://s668.photobucket.com/albums/vv41/davidl13/Fender%20Deluxe%20reverb/

Walker done done

I don't doubt it sings, but eff me that's expensive! :o  Wish I could afford it.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

davidl13

is that your guitar in the pic??? nice guitar

picture_of_nectar

So this is the one "Passion Presents" listed on here for $2,500 a couple months ago.
Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

davidl13

i don't know what that is... so no... this is the first time i have listed this special amp for sale...

Walker done done

Quote from: picture_of_nectar on November 15, 2011, 11:56:44 AM
So this is the one "Passion Presents" listed on here for $2,500 a couple months ago.

That's what I thought too.  ???
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

Walker done done

Quote from: davidl13 on November 15, 2011, 10:59:07 AM
is that your guitar in the pic??? nice guitar

Si senor, muchos gracias.

Loop 3 Boomerang+

IamWILSON

I was wondering the same thing about Passion presents, but I think his was modified from a newer reissue.
Guitars: Fender Clapton Strat, Ibanez AS80, Ibanez AF75, Malden Holly Keyser [SD Jazz (neck), SD '59 (bridge)], Carlo Robelli USH-500HB, Martin DC-1E ('98), and a Peavey Grind 5-string bass.

Effects in chain: Whammy II (dry out to Korg Tuner), RMC6, TS-9 ('82), TS-808 ('81), Ross Compressor, Fulltone SupaTrem, Fulltone DejaVibe2, TC Elec Nova Repeater, Ibanez Digital Modulation Delay III (DML20), Boomerang+, Alesis Microverb I, H&K Rotosphere MkII --> amps.

Amps: Mesa Boogie MkIII Blue Stripe, Egnator Rebel 20 head > Mesa Boogie Road King 2x12 cab, Fender Blues Jr. Humboldt, Marshall VS102R, Fender Champion 600, and Fender Frontman 25R.

Effects currently not in chain: Ross Compressor (MIT), Keeley Compressor (2-knob), Keeley TS-9, and TS-9 ('82).

raisingfreen

Quote from: davidl13 on November 14, 2011, 11:35:42 PM
This amp began life as a mid 70's deluxe reverb in mint condition
This deluxe reverb was modified by the same amp builder who built trey's deluxe. It is a clone of his amp and has expanded features, just like Trey's

I'm sure this is all legit and all as I don't think anyone would ever try to scam someone on here. A few things to note however....

The actual builders name is never mentioned... ie: "modified by the same amp builder who built trey's deluxe" If I was selling a modified amp I would mention the name of that particular builder, that we all know or are aware of, and even show a copy of the receipt as proof. That way you can justify the price and have proof that it is legit.

Also, if it is a mid 70s wouldn't it have a Silverface faceplate? I spose this can be added aftermarket however.

All I'm saying is having your Deluxe modified by the same guy must be extremely expensive, as a mid 70s "Silverface" deluxe reverb can be had for just less than a grand and they are in great quantity. That leaves approx $2200 in mods and or up charge. If I had an amp modified by this particular guy I would mark it up too, but just keep in mind what those mods actually cost to have done. Here is a crazy idea. If you have a Deluxe just call up this particular mod/builder guy and inquire as to the cost. I know a few people on here have his number.

It would not surprise me however if having mister C mod your deluxe costs a few grand.  The amp does look cool and I imagine to the right buyer it is worth the investment.

If the price comes down I would be interested.
AO Guitars - Venus Hollow Rim w/Wolftone Dr. Vintage Humbuckers
Signal: Tuner>MXR Dist+>Ross Comp>RV-3>Alesis Nano>Silverface Vibrolux

davidl13

BC, of course...i figured i didn't need to mention his name here, since you all know it... i'd be happy to produce a receipt of work done, if someone get's serious about a purchase...yes i changed the silver faceplate, i just liked the the way the black looked better......i am pretty sure i still have the original around here somewhere...in reality, the mods were very expensive, add the cost of a mint mid 70"s deluxe, a tone tubby speaker, and BC mods and you will quickly see how it adds up...this is a not a profitable venture...just looking for a home for the right amplifier for the right person......if you would like to make me an offer, i would be happy entertain your offer let you know if i accept it or not...a perfect amp for the right person...

hope to see you all soon at a show!

David

picture_of_nectar

where are you located? Just curious if this is the same amp Steve from Arcata sold not long ago...it had all the same mods, the fan, and was supposedly done by Trey's tech.
Thx
Guitars: Paul Languedoc, Matt Atringer, David Myka, Ron Thorn

Amps: '65 Princeton Reverb, Clark '59 Bassman clone

davidl13

I am in florida, no one had this amp with these mods other than me....i am the originator of the build

raisingfreen

Sounds like this is legit. Props to David13 for answering all questions. Im sure you will find a buyer for this amp. It is kind of a rare item.

I'll bet you could get your asking price around tax refund time. Right before Xmas may be tight for some folks.

The solid state rectifier on a deluxe reverb is an interesting option that I had never considered. Also the use of the 5992 (industrial 6V6GT) power tubes, these are not easy to find but do sound great.
AO Guitars - Venus Hollow Rim w/Wolftone Dr. Vintage Humbuckers
Signal: Tuner>MXR Dist+>Ross Comp>RV-3>Alesis Nano>Silverface Vibrolux

davidl13

yea the 5992 tubes sound way better than the 6v6, i tried and tested both, the 5992 have more bottom end and just a clearer more robust tone... the SS rectifier is easy... i have a tube as well...so it is a 10 sec switch to use the one of choice...

thanks all for your questions and feedback (no pun intended) ....feel free to contact me anytime... good luck to the lucky person who will have this amp... its a real winner...

davidl13

raisingfreen... you must be an accountant...lol!