Harry not-so good Hood

Started by dabomb, December 08, 2011, 12:14:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dabomb

Here's a bit of me playing Hood. No music until the 1:00 minute mark, over-use of a looper for the final jam, and then a cut-off guitar face at 9 minutes :)

All criticisms are more than welcome. Flame Away!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqHHXJMZVzg

;D

Happyorange27

Your good man.  I checked out all your videos.  You just need to get some good searing tone ripping through a nice tube amp and some overdrive.  I know your plans are going to get you there. 
Your profile pic made me think you might be a thug or a tough guy but your videos reveal that you are chill and fun.  I look forward to watching you progress.
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

dabomb

Thanks, man!

hahaha - the profile pic: I'm a tennis coach. A kid on the team was taking a picture so I struck a "leadership pose".

Yeah, can't wait to get the new amp and I'm considering a TS9 + a compressor mod. I look forward to posting my new tone!

Happyorange27

Yeah i did that mod to my pedal but if i were you i would just sell it and get any Ross clone and you should be happy that way.
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

dabomb

Craigslist, here I come!

I'm going to sell the Boss Super Overdrive (I already have a TS9) and the Boss CS3. Combined I should be able to land $80 - $90 for a Ross clone. Your advice is appreciated!

fulltone1989

You may want to check out either harmony central of the gear page classifieds for a ross clone, those folks are pretty chill.

Sounds great BTW! What tube amp were you looking at?
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

dabomb

Blue Jr. in some capacity. Not certain if I want to do the NOS or just get the regular and add a Cannabis Rex speaker. Once I get the amp I'll put another obnoxious video of a Phish cover w/ gratuitous looping.

I'm thinking Slave 2 the Traffic Light, but I'm open to Suggestions?  :)

Enjoying the board - takes me back to my Rhombus.com days

manicstarseed

I was duly impressed with what you put up there.

After looking at you video I saw this and have to share...

These kids are great...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ro4YQpa3NRs&feature=related
Guitar>GCB-95 Wah>Qtron+>Vibe Machine>TS9> Booty Queue Retro Comp>Phase 90-script >Express 25 - FX loop> Nova Repeater>Nova Reverb>Boss- RC-20XL>Amp Return.

Guitars: 1976 Gibson Les Paul (w/ SD Pearly Gates).
Schecter C1-E/A Semi-hollow with '76 Gibson Stock Pickups + MIDI
Fender Stratocaster + MIDI
Synthesizer->GR-55
Sideboard-> Boss SD-1, and OC-3 , MXR 10-band EQ

Amps: Mesa Nomad 55, Express 25 (both 1x12 combos) and Fender Frontman25R w/ 10" Eminence Rajin Cajun speaker

sour d

Quote from: manicstarseed on December 20, 2011, 11:54:32 PM
I was duly impressed with what you put up there.

After looking at you video I saw this and have to share...

These kids are great...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ro4YQpa3NRs&feature=related
Those kids are great but they aren't really kids anymore. I heard recently that the guitarist is leaving the band to go to college and they are replacing him with someone else. Check them out doing YEM
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

dabomb

yeah - I thought these were just kids in mommies basement...and maybe they were at the time of the video...Then I saw other vids of them with a packed house and full light show.

The dream is out there everybody. Let's go practice!