Musicians Wanted: New England Area

Started by arkjdfgkjdbf, July 26, 2007, 03:12:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

arkjdfgkjdbf

Even though I'm probably the only member of this forum, I figured I'd at least give this a shot.  I play a few instruments, and I've been looking to jam with some new people.  My buddies who I usually jam with aren't really into Phish, but I've always wanted to cover a few tunes.  I mostly play the guitar and sing, but I'll play keys if need be.  I live in Rhode Island, but I'm willing to travel mostly anywhere in New England.
    I'm familiar with most of the Phish repertoire, but don't be thrown- I do like to write and play my own material, and I'll jam on any tune of yours.  Hope to hear from someone, anyone!

Walker done done

Well first off, that's quite a screen name - I almost deleted the post because I figured it was spam at first.

But since it's not, I'm psyched you posted!

I live up in Portland, ME, and would love to jam with anyone who's into Phish.  My current band (I play lead guitar) plays a few tunes (8 maybe), but they are mostly unwilling to get into some of the more technical stuff that I want to (Stash, Divided Sky, Bowie, etc.)

One problem: I work 2 hours north of Portland and am gone 5 days a week.  Only days I'm around right now are Tuesdays & Wednesdays.  

Don't know if we can make that work, but at least we both know we're here now.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

arkjdfgkjdbf

I'm attending college down here in RI, but my brother's girlfriend goes to UVM, so I tend to go up there quite a bit, if that helps.  I too have yearned to do some of the more technical songs, but it's hard with nobody else.  When I play YEM by myself, I'm not really enjoying myself, so to speak.  When I want to do that stuff I'm forced to play to recordings on a shitty keyboard...not too fun.  On the other hand I really don't get sick of playing classics (anything on Lawn Boy, Nectar and Rift) and some post-hiatus selections (46 days and Seven Below for example). Even though our schedules might be constricting, I'm sure we could work something out.  I frequent this site, so I'm not going anywhere.  I'll be in Burlington in three weeks to help move my bro's girlfriend back into school, so if a meeting is possible, I'll be around that area for a few days.

cheers!

Walker done done

I won't be able to make it to B-town....too busy w/ work - the busy months are from April through Decemberish, and I only get Monday night, Tuesday & Wednesday off, so it's tough.

BUT - if you want to swing through Maine on one of those nights, I'd love to jam!  We have a sweet set-up in Portland that's all ready to go at a moments notice!
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

Poster

hey iam up in vermont 9 months out of the year. ive got a studio and just about every bell and whistle. we three should band togethar and form some sort of weird progressive internet birthed band. ive got a sick bass player up there that is amazing. ive got keyboards out the wazoo too. we need a decent drummer as theyre none in vermont except for about 6 dudes. one of which is jon fishman.

Walker done done

Hmmm....funny enough, I've got 2 here, but a 3rd is moving out to the Boston area VERY soon, and we've talked about hooking back up again.  Best drummer I've ever played with and he really wants to get a Phish cover project going.  If nothing more than for shits & giggles with playing out being a bonus.

Where in VT are you?  I also have a studio set up in Portland, but not w/ all the bells & whistles.  Just PA gear, speakers, monitors, bass, drums, & recording equiptment (& my gear).  But maybe we could either do VT or meet in the middle somewhere.   Let's keep in touch - could be a blast.

Loop 3 Boomerang+

arkjdfgkjdbf

\"weird progressive internet birthed band\"

yeah that sounds about right.  i'm now officially a N.H. resident, so perhaps we could get the ball rolling on this.  ok so you guys need to list a couple of your fav tunes to play, we can all get familiar with them (if we're not already), and then jam!  yeah!  i'll start- uhhh...NICU, Gin, Twist, Cavern, and uhh....Julius...yeah.  ok now go get familiar with those or else i'll send you guys a virus that makes your computer explode.

p.s. those are pretty simple tunes, but if you're looking to
get techy, i'm game.

Poster

ehh i dunno about covering phish tunes. nothing really too weird and progressive about that

Walker done done

Quote from: \"arkjdfgkjdbf\"\"weird progressive internet birthed band\"

yeah that sounds about right.  i'm now officially a N.H. resident, so perhaps we could get the ball rolling on this.  ok so you guys need to list a couple of your fav tunes to play, we can all get familiar with them (if we're not already), and then jam!  yeah!  i'll start- uhhh...NICU, Gin, Twist, Cavern, and uhh....Julius...yeah.  ok now go get familiar with those or else i'll send you guys a virus that makes your computer explode.

p.s. those are pretty simple tunes, but if you're looking to
get techy, i'm game.

Where in NH and how far from Portland and what do you play?  I assume guitar, but gotta ask.

Loop 3 Boomerang+

arkjdfgkjdbf

the weird/progressive thing doesn't necessarily apply to phish covers, i just thought they'd be a good way to break the ice if you catch my drift.  well i'm in the durham, NH area, so 40ish miles from Portland?  i'm not good at estimating that stuff, but regardless you're not far.
and of course i play the guitar.  if you were a boy growing up in the suburbs in the 90's you were issued an electric guitar, didn't you guys know that?

Poster

awesome, ill be back in vermont in january/february your welcome to come record as the other guys are ;0)

arkjdfgkjdbf

good now i'm welcome to jam...wait i thought i started this topic  :wink: