Main Menu

Treys Bass Amp

Started by Brian27, August 07, 2007, 11:12:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian27

I have recently notice that as early as 1997 0r 1998 that Trey has been using a Galien Krueger amp near his rack. What is the use for this amp.

strangedesign

Quote from: \"Brian27\"I have recently notice that as early as 1997 0r 1998 that Trey has been using a Galien Krueger amp near his rack. What is the use for this amp.
Trey likes to have a feed from Mike or whatever bassist he is playing with. Brian emailed me what cab it was. Let me find it and I will post here...

UPDATE:
Her is what Brian said about the bass cab:

Trey prefers having his own bass extension amp (a feed off the bass
rig) to make the bass guitar sound more natural to him in his area
(otherwise it would go through the monitor system which does not sound
so good). Currently he's using an Ampeg bass amp (it was a GK bass amp
for years).
All aboard for the tour, riding next to the truth...

www.strangedesign.org

Brian27

Thats awesome. I appreciate it.

Walker done done

Gotta have the bass right next to me too.  Actually, sometimes I run the keys to me as well, though lower in the mix - just enough to hear them in my right ear but not overpowering.  One of the problems we've sort of been having is that our practice space set-up is different than our on-stage set-up, due to the room design and the allotted space.  

Our room set up is kind of like this:

Which doesn't really work for a typical stage, per se, but I'm tempted to just say \"fuck it\", and set up like this on stage, with the drummer & bassist facing the stage, the guitarists facing each other, and maybe move the keyboardist over next to the rhythm guitarist, so his back isn't to the crowd.  What the hell.  Screw conventionalism.  I seem to hear the band better that way, so the point would be to improve the overall ability for the band to properly communicate.

Ok, a little off topic, sorry! :oops:

PS - Welcome to the forum, Brian!  Hope to see you around here more often.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

Brian27

Its nice being on such a wonderful site. I appreciate someone taking the time to show us what brings Trey his distinctive tone.

Walker done done

Quote from: \"Brian27\"Its nice being on such a wonderful site. I appreciate someone taking the time to show us what brings Trey his distinctive tone.

Agreed - Scott, you deserve a standing O for all the hard work you've done.  You've sure helped a lot of people, and I definitely appreciate it man!
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

Brian27

This blows my mind how incredible every peice of equipment is described from his guitar to his pedals in such amazing detail. I have always wondered what the loops for his CAE RS-10 were, and which pedals and gear were used in those loops and there they are. In some of his vids on various websites you can see the his rack all lit up. I love how when he turns on or off a loop a red light on his CAE 4x4 turns on and off signifying the loop change.