Main Menu

Scofield

Started by Heady Jam Fan, December 16, 2012, 01:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heady Jam Fan

My 'Trey' rig, minus TS9, plus Rat with drive at 9 o'clock and treble at minimum on the filter = Scofield.
Headless Hollowbody > Mesa Boogie MK III > TRM Trucker 212 w/ V30's
Whammy 5 > Mini Wah > 74 Script Phase 90 > CP9Pro+ > 82 TS9 > 83 TS9 > Ross Compressor > Turbo-Tuner > 83 AD9

fulltone1989

Quote from: Heady Jam Fan on December 16, 2012, 01:46:24 PM
My 'Trey' rig, minus TS9, plus Rat with drive at 9 o'clock and treble at minimum on the filter = Scofield.

Nice, we have a RAT reissue at my work I'm thinking of trying out.
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

Heady Jam Fan

Yea, I don't know all that much about Rat versions. An early Rat II (pre-chinese with the LM308) seemed to fit my needs best, definitely wanted a smaller box than the original. Worth trying out for sure, it has more bass and grit than a TS, but a TS>Rat sounds awesome too.
Whammy 5 > Mini Wah > 74 Script Phase 90 > CP9Pro+ > 82 TS9 > 83 TS9 > Ross Compressor > Turbo-Tuner > 83 AD9

the_great_lemon

I've always thought the CMATMODS Ratified looked appealing.  Maybe I will have to look into trying out a Rat next time I'm at GC....
Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Traditional, 1992 Gibson SG Standard
Effects: Boss OC-2 Octave -> Garmopatmods Vox V847 -> Mojo Vibe -> Boss Blues Driver -> Mad Professor Sweet Honey OD -> Ross Compressor -> Boss GE-7 -> MXR Carbon Copy -> TC Ditto Looper
Amps: Fender Blues Jr. NOS, Epiphone Valve Jr.

fulltone1989

Yep that one is a Small box RAT
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs

Stecks

Don't forget the Ibanez CS9, knobs full blast.... VERY scofield (and JS is one of my biggest influences)  :)
Schecter C1 Classic - Takamine EG334BC acoustic/electric.  Tuner>volume>VOX wah>TS9> Morley ABY selector/split/combiner, PathA:CS9>BF2>DigiDelay, PathB:envelope filter>AD9, 1971 Fender Twin (slightly modded) amplifier

"Remember:  information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is THE BEST." - FZ

Heady Jam Fan

Quote from: Stecks on December 17, 2012, 12:17:20 AM

Don't forget the Ibanez CS9, knobs full blast.... VERY scofield (and JS is one of my biggest influences)  :)

Very true - JS staple sound with that CS9. When I have gone for that sound or something like Any Colour You Like, I usually just turn my MDV2's speed the whole way up. Gets me about 75% of the way there just with the warbliness (if thats a word).

I was messing around with Jeep on 35 the other day, great melody, but I also hear so much stuff in there; he's got a slipperiness kinda similar to Metheny (Metheny is critical of himself for this), then he will toss in a blues lick with bends (which is not too common in jazz), and follow it up with a Wes Montgomery solo (octaves)... just awesome, I hope he does more stuff with MMW.

fulltone1989

Quote from: Heady Jam Fan on December 17, 2012, 12:43:06 AM
Quote from: Stecks on December 17, 2012, 12:17:20 AM

Very true - JS staple sound with that CS9. When I have gone for that sound or something like Any Colour You Like, I usually just turn my MDV2's speed the whole way up. Gets me about 75% of the way there just with the warbliness (if thats a word).

I was messing around with Jeep on 35 the other day, great melody, but I also hear so much stuff in there; he's got a slipperiness kinda similar to Metheny (Metheny is critical of himself for this), then he will toss in a blues lick with bends (which is not too common in jazz), and follow it up with a Wes Montgomery solo (octaves)... just awesome, I hope he does more stuff with MMW.

Agreed! Do you guys have the live record "In Case the World Changes It's Mind?"

http://www.mediafire.com/?8ckuu8841bsuc5n
http://www.mediafire.com/?wodhxkwxe6gxwed

Stecks

Schecter C1 Classic - Takamine EG334BC acoustic/electric.  Tuner>volume>VOX wah>TS9> Morley ABY selector/split/combiner, PathA:CS9>BF2>DigiDelay, PathB:envelope filter>AD9, 1971 Fender Twin (slightly modded) amplifier

"Remember:  information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is THE BEST." - FZ

Heady Jam Fan

PS - using my Dunlop Primetone also makes a noticeable difference.

However, I can't get as close to Sco on my SFDR...