Hi guys, I'm new

Started by mblem22, March 25, 2013, 11:45:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mblem22

What's up guys?  Just thought I'd say hi and introduce myself a little bit.

I'm a guitar player of about 11 years, Phish fan, a recent college grad with an electrical engineering degree, festival goer, and recently, a DIYer.

I did some work on building a DOD440 envelope filter but somehow that project got left behind.  More recently, I have been designing a tremolo from the ground up.  It's actually an idea that webephishin had to use an expression pedal to modify the tap tempo.  It's coming along pretty well and once it's done I'll post some pictures and maybe a demo video.

Anyway, this board seems like a pretty cool place to exchange ideas and info, so I'm looking forward to diving in.  ;D

webephishin

ye ye! u made it on here!!  As I said, you'll find lots of good info and could get lots of good feedback from the dudes on here, especially HappyOrange and HeadyJamFan, just to name a few.  

PS I'm PUMPED to see how the tremolo turns out as you already know.
Guitars: Schecter c/sh-1 (SD 59 PUPs), Michael Kelly Valor CT, Fender Montara Acoustic/Electric

Effects: Boss tuner > Digitech Whammy II > Dunlop GCB95 Crybaby > EH micro Qtron > MXR Script Phase 90 > Dunlop Univibe > SD SFX-07 (Shape Shifter) Tremolo > TS9 AM Silver > TS9DX > Ross Compressor (Black) > Boss DD-7 w/FS-5U

Amp: Fender Hot Rod Deville 410

Stecks

Welcome mblem.. now post your rig.   Where ya from?
Schecter C1 Classic - Takamine EG334BC acoustic/electric.  Tuner>volume>VOX wah>TS9> Morley ABY selector/split/combiner, PathA:CS9>BF2>DigiDelay, PathB:envelope filter>AD9, 1971 Fender Twin (slightly modded) amplifier

"Remember:  information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is THE BEST." - FZ

mblem22

My rig is pretty weak at the moment, but I'm working on it.  Just have a little 15W Line6 amp and a few Boss pedals: DD-6 delay, MT-2 distortion, PH-3 phase shifter, and the RC-2 looper.  I have a stained Les Paul and also a Martin DX-1 acoustic.  I'm hoping to add mainly home-made pedals to it.  I've also been looking to getting some kind of tube amp, maybe a Fender blues jr.  I doubt anyone cares to see my rig, but I might post a pic of my guitars when I get home.

I'm from frigid Milwaukee, beer capital of the world.  ;)

the_great_lemon

Welcome aboard!!

And the Blues Jr. is definitely the way to go!  I have one, as does HappyOrange.  He has performed some sweet mods on it as well!
Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Traditional, 1992 Gibson SG Standard
Effects: Boss OC-2 Octave -> Garmopatmods Vox V847 -> Mojo Vibe -> Boss Blues Driver -> Mad Professor Sweet Honey OD -> Ross Compressor -> Boss GE-7 -> MXR Carbon Copy -> TC Ditto Looper
Amps: Fender Blues Jr. NOS, Epiphone Valve Jr.

Happyorange27

Welcome mblem!  We are here to rock and help each other rock!
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

Heady Jam Fan

Wassup and welcome!

The Blues Junior is great! Its good stock, but there are also tons of cool mods, so its a great investment if you can do those mods yourself (or a money-pitt of you decide to have someone else do them).
Headless Hollowbody > Mesa Boogie MK III > TRM Trucker 212 w/ V30's
Whammy 5 > Mini Wah > 74 Script Phase 90 > CP9Pro+ > 82 TS9 > 83 TS9 > Ross Compressor > Turbo-Tuner > 83 AD9