New song in the works!

Started by TheSeeker, June 23, 2013, 05:29:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSeeker

Hey everyone, we just started working on a new song!  I'm gonna add more vocals as soon as I get a pop-filter, and I still have to tweak a few things but let me know what you think so far!!
https://soundcloud.com/angryneighbours/erase-the-low
PRS SE Semi-Hollow>Korg Tuner>Whammy ii>TS-9 Silver>TS-9 Silver>Ross Compressor>Delay>Ditto>Microverb>CAE Black Cat Vibe>Fender HRD (Weber Blue Dog)

webephishin

sounds like a Rock and Roll or an up-beat version of Oh Sweet Nuthin'.  The guitar tone sounds pretty full and clean... What kind of gear are you usin these days for recording?
Guitars: Schecter c/sh-1 (SD 59 PUPs), Michael Kelly Valor CT, Fender Montara Acoustic/Electric

Effects: Boss tuner > Digitech Whammy II > Dunlop GCB95 Crybaby > EH micro Qtron > MXR Script Phase 90 > Dunlop Univibe > SD SFX-07 (Shape Shifter) Tremolo > TS9 AM Silver > TS9DX > Ross Compressor (Black) > Boss DD-7 w/FS-5U

Amp: Fender Hot Rod Deville 410

TheSeeker

Quote from: webephishin on June 23, 2013, 10:11:16 PM
sounds like a Rock and Roll or an up-beat version of Oh Sweet Nuthin'.  The guitar tone sounds pretty full and clean... What kind of gear are you usin these days for recording?

Funny you should say that...I've been listening to quite a bit of Velvet Underground lately!!  I'm using SM 57's and running it into a Presonus Audiobox, and then into my laptop.  I'm using Cubase 5 as my DAW.  I keep the mic about 2 inches from the center of the speaker, and I think it comes out pretty clear.  I definately need to invest in a pop-filter for the vocals though....that's why I only have that one verse in there.  I'll finish once I get that filter.  My Ross is on throughout the song, my light TS-9 for the rhythm, full scream for the solo, and both of them on for the sustainy Rock and Roll like phrase.
PRS SE Semi-Hollow>Korg Tuner>Whammy ii>TS-9 Silver>TS-9 Silver>Ross Compressor>Delay>Ditto>Microverb>CAE Black Cat Vibe>Fender HRD (Weber Blue Dog)