FS: Ross Compressor, Microverb, Whammy ii

Started by TheSeeker, October 14, 2013, 12:38:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSeeker

Hey guys, I'm thinking of selling my Ross (Gray), Whammy, and Microverb.  They all work great!  The whammy is just missing the side plate, but it doesn't effect it all.  I'm going more for the Gilmour tone right now, plus I find myself spending too much time trying to nail trey's tone...which is never gonna happen.  If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll send pics.  I may be willing to trade also...
Looking for:  Dynacomp
                  Skreddy P19
                  Flanger
                  Whammy V
                  (Possible a good wah...haven't decided)

Thanks guys!!
PRS SE Semi-Hollow>Korg Tuner>Whammy ii>TS-9 Silver>TS-9 Silver>Ross Compressor>Delay>Ditto>Microverb>CAE Black Cat Vibe>Fender HRD (Weber Blue Dog)

No Nice Guy

Quote from: TheSeeker on October 14, 2013, 12:38:06 PM
Hey guys, I'm thinking of selling my Ross (Gray), Whammy, and Microverb.  They all work great!  The whammy is just missing the side plate, but it doesn't effect it all.  I'm going more for the Gilmour tone right now, plus I find myself spending too much time trying to nail trey's tone...which is never gonna happen.  If anyone is interested, let me know and I'll send pics.  I may be willing to trade also...
                  Skreddy P19
                  Flanger
                  Whammy V

Thanks guys!!

Two questions:

1.  How much for the Ross?

2.  Would you consider a Whammy V for Whammy II tradeD?
Guitars:  Phred Ernesto, Michael Kelly Hourglass

Pedal Chain:  Korg Tuner > TS9 > Silver TS9 > Ross Clone > Phase 90 > Boss Tremolo > Whammy V > TC Flashback > TC Ditto

Amp:  Blues Jr

TheSeeker

Quote from: No Nice Guy on October 14, 2013, 06:09:13 PM
                  Skreddy P19
                  Flanger
                  Whammy V

Thanks guys!!

Two questions:

Well I would like to get back what I paid for it, or at least close...so that would be 300.
How old is the whammy?  Is it in good shape?  I would definately consider it if it is!!
PRS SE Semi-Hollow>Korg Tuner>Whammy ii>TS-9 Silver>TS-9 Silver>Ross Compressor>Delay>Ditto>Microverb>CAE Black Cat Vibe>Fender HRD (Weber Blue Dog)

No Nice Guy

Quote from: TheSeeker on October 14, 2013, 06:13:35 PM
                  Skreddy P19
                  Flanger
                  Whammy V

Thanks guys!!

Two questions:

Well I would like to get back what I paid for it, or at least close...so that would be 300.
How old is the whammy?  Is it in good shape?  I would definately consider it if it is!!

It's about 2.5 months old, haven't gotten to use it much actually.  It looks to be in fine shape, I still have the power supply that came with it (it doesn't like my pedalboard's power supply, so that's something).  Next time I have a chance (next time my roommate is gone for a few hours) I'll make a short video of it, if you'd like.  Small chance I may fall in love with it again and cancel this potential trade, but it's a risk I'm willing to take.

Pedal Chain:  Korg Tuner > TS9 > Silver TS9 > Ross Clone > Phase 90 > Boss Tremolo > Whammy V > TC Flashback > TC Ditto

TheSeeker

Quote from: No Nice Guy on October 14, 2013, 06:26:56 PM
                  Skreddy P19
                  Flanger
                  Whammy V

Thanks guys!!

Two questions:

It's about 2.5 months old, haven't gotten to use it much actually.  It looks to be in fine shape, I still have the power supply that came with it (it doesn't like my pedalboard's power supply, so that's something).  Next time I have a chance (next time my roommate is gone for a few hours) I'll make a short video of it, if you'd like.  Small chance I may fall in love with it again and cancel this potential trade, but it's a risk I'm willing to take.

It's cool man, you don't have to make a vid.  I do have it up on ebay though, so let me know as soon as you can and I'll take it off before someone snags it   ;D

No Nice Guy

Quote from: TheSeeker on October 14, 2013, 06:38:34 PM
Quote from: No Nice Guy on October 14, 2013, 06:26:56 PM
                  Skreddy P19
                  Flanger
                  Whammy V

Thanks guys!!

Two questions:

It's cool man, you don't have to make a vid.  I do have it up on ebay though, so let me know as soon as you can and I'll take it off before someone snags it   ;D

As I predicted, I remembered why I liked the thing so much, I don't think I can part with it.

So sorry about that, I get way overattached to inanimate objects sometimes.

fulltone1989

+1 octave is the ( . )( . )'s

I may rebuy one. I have to sell my stuff first though.
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

TheSeeker

Quote from: fulltone1989 on October 16, 2013, 12:19:16 PM

The only thing I don't like about it is the tracking.  That's I figure I'll just get the V, b/c the tracking on that is so much better.

fulltone1989

Quote from: TheSeeker on October 16, 2013, 05:30:29 PM
Quote from: fulltone1989 on October 16, 2013, 12:19:16 PM

The only thing I don't like about it is the tracking.  That's I figure I'll just get the V, b/c the tracking on that is so much better.

Oh yes I was talking about the V, got one when it first came out then sold it in April when I needed the ARDx20 and wanted to slim down. Who knows though!
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.

Walker done done

I would not trade a II for a V.  The II is the shiznit.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

Happyorange27

Just bought my first II for only $170. Supposedly broken. All it needed was some tape to hold the level knob in.
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

sour d

Quote from: Happyorange27 on November 17, 2013, 05:40:42 PM
Just bought my first II for only $170. Supposedly broken. Al it needed was some tape to hold the level knob in.
Good deal! You should just replace the pot. Digitech should have the part. The input level is key.
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

Happyorange27

Yep I'll get to that.  In the description on ebay it said the "Level knob was stuck on max".  I figured it was locked or bent.  When I got it, the knob could turn all the way, but the signal indeed was always maxed out; like the pot was providing zero resistance.  However, when I pushed the knob inward with just a little pressure, the pot worked well.  So for now there is just a bit of tape holding the knob inward.

I was just so tickled that I got a good deal.
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex