Main Menu

Pedalboards

Started by No Nice Guy, November 03, 2013, 04:45:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heady Jam Fan

Quote from: Jkendrick on February 01, 2014, 02:18:47 PM
Quote from: Heady Jam Fan on February 01, 2014, 11:10:29 AM
... if you find yourself with some extra cash in your hand.
Like in 22 years when the twins are done with college?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Headless Hollowbody > Mesa Boogie MK III > TRM Trucker 212 w/ V30's
Whammy 5 > Mini Wah > 74 Script Phase 90 > CP9Pro+ > 82 TS9 > 83 TS9 > Ross Compressor > Turbo-Tuner > 83 AD9

fishbiscuit

Quote from: No Nice Guy on November 03, 2013, 04:45:22 PM
So right now I've got an SKB PS-45.  It's incredibly convenient with it's power supply and all that shit, but I have no place to keep my cables, and they make a bit of a mess.  I'm thinking of converting to a Pedaltrain, but are those worth it?  Is there a better option?  Or maybe a good way to organize my cables?

I'm sure many of you know but Pedal Train has a website that lets you mess around with board design: http://pedalboardplanner.com/

Great for planning or upgrades.

I have a PT-2 and it gets everything done and has a little room for expanding.  After going through many, many reviews I think Pedal Train is the way to go unless you are going to build your own custom board.  Sure it feels like I'm overpaying for a piece of light metal and a bag but I'm not going to take the time to build a custom board right now and I'm sure I saved in wasted lumber by now.
Guitars: Ibanez RG Prestige
Amps:   Fender Frontman (2x12 - 100w)
Pedals:  TC Polytune 2 > Analogman Silver Mod TS9 > EH Big Muff Pi > Morley Steve Vai Bad Horsie 2 Wah > Xotic SP Compressor > TC Flashback Delay > TC Ditto Looper

the_great_lemon

I have a pt2 at home right now that I had used for approximately 2 years.  It was great and allowed me to fit all the pedals I needed on it and some extra room.  Recently, however, i felt it was a little too spread out, so I grabbed the GC exclusive PT1 at a discounted price and moved all my pedals over in the same configuration as before (I haven't majorly tweaked my setup in about a year).  I love having a smaller board!  It makes me feel like im bringing less to the gig, when im really not.  ;D

I'd say that the PT2 is a great starting point as you start to gather effects but if you find yourself with a lot of extra room on the board downsizing may be the way to go.
Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Traditional, 1992 Gibson SG Standard
Effects: Boss OC-2 Octave -> Garmopatmods Vox V847 -> Mojo Vibe -> Boss Blues Driver -> Mad Professor Sweet Honey OD -> Ross Compressor -> Boss GE-7 -> MXR Carbon Copy -> TC Ditto Looper
Amps: Fender Blues Jr. NOS, Epiphone Valve Jr.