FS: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45 Head

Started by fulltone1989, January 15, 2014, 01:10:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulltone1989

Was originally a combo but I pulled the chassis and bough a NOS headshell off ebay that was built for GT and installed the chassis. Perfect for bringing back and forth to practices, and it's a real looker. Sounds awesome too! Powerful in a small package. Tan tolex, hand painted grill. Combination of PTP and PCB, this amp was made in 1997.

I am the second owner. The first was a retired music teacher and this was his backup amp to a GT trio.

Biased by my tech and given a run-through by my technician friend, Dennis, and I can provide receipts for provenance. They only made about 400 of these amps, and mostly combos. Winged C SED 6L6's with retainers and JJ preamp tubes. Amazing clean that gets fatter and takes pedals better than all other amps I've played through.

I like the amp a lot but after getting my Fuchs ODS mod I am really enamored with the D*mble sound and trimming down my setup and focusing on technique.

I work at a guitar store and have access to manufacturer boxes and packages for shipping amps. Please don't hesitate to email me at phunkyguitar@yahoo.com for any questions. I can also give the buyer a schematic of the amp so it will be easier to repair if need be.

More pictures -> http://s248.photobucket.com/user/Thomas_MacLennan/library/Groove%20Tubes%20Soul-O%2045%20head

I'd like $800.00 shipped/pp'ed or best offer.

No trades please. Paypal is preferred I'll be covering shipping so please pick up the fees or feel free to use the gift option. Many positive transactions here with references. Thanks for looking!
Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.