FS: Jet City PicoValve, minty, cheap!

Started by CaptainPeyote, March 04, 2014, 06:41:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CaptainPeyote

Hey all,

Decided to put my recently acquired Jet City PicoValve head up for sale. It's just not getting the use it deserves, mostly because I haven't got a cab for it and haven't got time to build one. This is a remarkably loud, 5W single-channel rocker with a full EQ section, half-power switch, and MAD gain. It's basically a tweaked clone of the THD Univalve.  Designed for swapping tubes without re-biasing. And that might be a good idea, as I doubt it's living up to its potential on the cheap Chinese tubes that came installed.

This amp is practically brand new, in original box, with maybe 2 hours of playing time on it. No dings, no scratches, no nothin'.  :)

Asking $225 shipped CONUS, paid via PayPal.  I will invoice you and eat the fees, so you can buy with confidence.  If you're interested, I can also set you on the road to tube-swapping bliss, as I'll include a March 1958 Mullard (Blackburn factory) ECC82 (12AU7) for an additional $30. Lots of reviewers seem to feel swapping this in for V1 will drastically increase headroom and touch-sensitivity. I haven't tried it myself - haven't even taken the cover off this thing to peek inside.

Pics on request, of course. And all reasonable offers considered. But seriously, $225 delivered for an amp this new is a pretty reasonable starting point. Here's the MF page for reference:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifie ... r-amp-head

A few simple internal mods are said to really bring this baby up to its full potential.  I've got the parts and could perform them for an additional fee before delivery.  If you're interested, hit me up!