Pedalboard/Rig show and tell

Started by Buffered, March 27, 2014, 09:53:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffered

Gibson ES-339, PRS DGT & 408
Redplate CD2, Valvetrain Beninngton Reverb, Fryette Power Station
Little Miss Sunshine - Keeley Tone Workstation - MuFX Micro-tron III - Keeley Delay Workstation

Jkendrick

Quote from: Buffered on May 24, 2014, 10:17:26 AM
I think so

Must've been. It sold. Well now I know a target price. Ha.
1989 Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 (Seymour Duncan 59s), POS Fender acoustic
'78 Silverface Fender Deluxe Reverb (Weber California w/ paper cone)
Teese RMC3 Wah> Boss Tu-3 Tuner> MXR Phase 45> Ibanez TS9 (Keeley modded)> TS808 (Analogman TV)> Keeley Compressor (two knob)>VFE Rocket Boost EQ> Boss DD-3> DigiTech JamMan Solo XT

Jkendrick

Well I grabbed a TU3 and also a looper while I was at it. I was persuaded to try the Jamman XT Express over the Ditto. It's clean and seems to work well. I'll need some practice with it. One thing I noticed is that I put it in the back row of my board and that is not an easy position for a looper. I messed around with Tweeprise and it worked okay. I think it's more my timing and trying to mash a pedal in the back of the board (with bare feet no less) than any latency with the pedal. Does anyone have any experience with this looper? The guy at my local shop said he likes it better, is sturdier, and cheaper. I can still, of course,  return or exchange it.
Teese RMC3 Wah> Boss Tu-3 Tuner> MXR Phase 45> Ibanez TS9 (Keeley modded)> TS808 (Analogman TV)> Keeley Compressor (two knob)>VFE Rocket Boost EQ> Boss DD-3> DigiTech JamMan Solo XT

Heady Jam Fan

Quote from: Jkendrick on May 24, 2014, 11:55:26 PM
Well I grabbed a TU3 and also a looper while I was at it. I was persuaded to try the Jamman XT Express over the Ditto. It's clean and seems to work well. I'll need some practice with it. One thing I noticed is that I put it in the back row of my board and that is not an easy position for a looper. I messed around with Tweeprise and it worked okay. I think it's more my timing and trying to mash a pedal in the back of the board (with bare feet no less) than any latency with the pedal. Does anyone have any experience with this looper? The guy at my local shop said he likes it better, is sturdier, and cheaper. I can still, of course,  return or exchange it.

Tc pedals are crap imo. Jamman has a good rep.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Headless Hollowbody > Mesa Boogie MK III > TRM Trucker 212 w/ V30's
Whammy 5 > Mini Wah > 74 Script Phase 90 > CP9Pro+ > 82 TS9 > 83 TS9 > Ross Compressor > Turbo-Tuner > 83 AD9

Buffered

Quote from: Jkendrick on May 24, 2014, 11:55:26 PM
Well I grabbed a TU3 and also a looper while I was at it. I was persuaded to try the Jamman XT Express over the Ditto. It's clean and seems to work well. I'll need some practice with it. One thing I noticed is that I put it in the back row of my board and that is not an easy position for a looper. I messed around with Tweeprise and it worked okay. I think it's more my timing and trying to mash a pedal in the back of the board (with bare feet no less) than any latency with the pedal. Does anyone have any experience with this looper? The guy at my local shop said he likes it better, is sturdier, and cheaper. I can still, of course,  return or exchange it.

If you're just going to use it for practicing, then the Jamman XT should be great. Ditto's more for live looping I would think. Heady's right, TC stuff breaks easily and isn't designed to be repaired. Whenever I loop I count out a loud so the loops a full measure instead of just having that riff be the whole loop. It makes it easier to explain to the band. Why not just have the pedal freestanding in your practice spot? I have a Jamman Stereo and love it, build quality is great. I went with that one bc I could use it as a songwriting pad too as it saves your loop as well. Great job on the TU3!
Little Miss Sunshine - Keeley Tone Workstation - MuFX Micro-tron III - Keeley Delay Workstation

Jkendrick

Well one thing I want the looper for, in addition to a practice tool, is for a solo thing I'm working on. It's just open mic coffee shop kinda thing, but it's a looped version of Tweeprise. Here's an acoustic version:

https://soundcloud.com/jim-kendrick/tweezer-reprise

The tuner did impact my tone. Definitely sounds much better.

Buffered

Quote from: Jkendrick on May 25, 2014, 11:28:44 AM
Well one thing I want the looper for, in addition to a practice tool, is for a solo thing I'm working on. It's just open mic coffee shop kinda thing, but it's a looped version of Tweeprise. Here's an acoustic version:

For the one man loop stuff you may find you want to save your loops further down the line. Loopers are excellent purchases though in general, they're great jam buddies.

Glad to hear the tuner is working out, buffers in the right spots are wondahful

Jkendrick

Quote from: Buffered on May 25, 2014, 01:38:30 PM

For the one man loop stuff you may find you want to save your loops further down the line. Loopers are excellent purchases though in general, they're great jam buddies.

I want to do the guitar parts live, not prerecorded. But, I could see the value in having the drums stored in the looper rather than using a drum machine. What would you suggest for this purpose. Ideally it would still be low profile and not noisy.

Buffered

Quote from: Jkendrick on May 26, 2014, 10:06:35 PM

I want to do the guitar parts live, not prerecorded. But, I could see the value in having the drums stored in the looper rather than using a drum machine. What would you suggest for this purpose. Ideally it would still be low profile and not noisy.

For a drum machine? I'm not to uppity up on the looper game nowadays but the boss RC-3 has drum machines but I'm not sure how cheesy they are. Another possibility is using a macbook with garageband hooked up to a dedicated looper or speaker.

Jkendrick

Quote from: Buffered on May 27, 2014, 09:04:56 AM
Quote from: Jkendrick on May 26, 2014, 10:06:35 PM

For a drum machine? I'm not to uppity up on the looper game nowadays but the boss RC-3 has drum machines but I'm not sure how cheesy they are. Another possibility is using a macbook with garageband hooked up to a dedicated looper or speaker.

No not necessarily a built-in drum machine. I'm just thinking a looper that can store loops for future use, even after powering down. Also, one that can side load loops via USB. Is that what the Ditto does?

Buffered

[/quote]

No not necessarily a built-in drum machine. I'm just thinking a looper that can store loops for future use, even after powering down. Also, one that can side load loops via USB. Is that what the Ditto does?
[/quote]

IIRC the Ditto has about 5 minutes of loop time but it cannot save. The Digitech Jamman Stereo can save about 100 of the loops w/ built-in memory, and more with an SD card. I am pretty sure it can load USB loops from your computer, but I am not sure. The beats are very cheesy on that one though.

Jkendrick

I could record my own beats though,  right?

Buffered

Yes definitely. I just run my computer into the looper and use A USB controller for beatz

Jkendrick

I'm going to drop the extra $50 and exchange the Jamman Express for the Jamman Solo. We'll see if it fits the bill.

Jkendrick

The Solo works much better for me.