Black Cat Vibe #95 for sale

Started by Happyorange27, May 25, 2014, 08:51:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Happyorange27

Go look for it on eBay. You can get it for $2 until the bid wars begin.
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

Buffered

Gibson ES-339, PRS DGT & 408
Redplate CD2, Valvetrain Beninngton Reverb, Fryette Power Station
Little Miss Sunshine - Keeley Tone Workstation - MuFX Micro-tron III - Keeley Delay Workstation

Poster

You need to take the chopper out of your loop, same with the tuner (plug in everything your running, add and subtract the pedals from the chain, crank the line strength and monitor your speaker. They are shitting all over your signal - at weird times, no good; they as in your tuner when bypassed and your chopper just in line all the time, make or get a micro truebypass looper for it or all of them. They also funnel in interference like a bitch, another great reason not to rely on their bypass). And that cmatmods compressor should go, its not true to the original grey at all my friend. your amp is so small, you could likely get a better tone out of cranking it without a comp. And kudos for hearing that newish Black Cat didnt sound that great. But when will you hear that neck pickup needs to be changed? I feel with a better choice on the neck, along with removing the cmat, youll get a better tone out of that rig. I found that after having had many guitars like that, the Wolfttone was pretty over upper bass over low mids pretty much all the time. I adjusted the pickup poles a little, but yeah. Your probably playing it with the volume kicked down to compensate, just like I had to. When you push more power, and get into complimenting that guitar, I felt like it usually involved correcting that initial hump more than anything. May cost you 50 bucks to find a replacement pup and experiment. I think you'd be floored with the difference. Again, I tried to mess with the EQ issues without modifying AO's build. So string changes were fair game. We went up 2 gauges and then back down again. So 4 different nuts being cut - 4 setups, and yeah, even really bright strings kinda left me wondering what was up with that neck pup. Its a fantastic guitar. I feel like that pickup would sound better in a solid body guitar. Havent heard one in a full bodied archtop, but larger chamber would lend toward too much bass again. So yeah, I do not feel like that worked well for it.

also, turn down the wetness on your vibrato jimi hendrix. happy orange is not opening for cream at the great wall of china. its hard to hear when your not back off from your amp about 25 feet. get a long cable and try to experiment in the garage, you should find less is way more with the 3-d game. Especially when your amp doesnt have tons of headroom, and your in small or outdoor spaces. i made the same mistake last time I played out somewhere... used a different backline forgot to adjust it at soundcheck, hit the button and i washed out the entire vibe. ended up having to do machine gun riffs for 2 minutes when things were starting to organically simmer down - fail.

Happyorange27

Thanks Poster. I appreciate the feedback, especially since you know my guitar so well and you listened to my recordings. Yeah this black cat is just ok, and I am keeping the Wison Haze Deluxe. I'll take some cues from you here and let you know how that works out.
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex