best humbucker for my strat?

Started by fluffytone72, June 09, 2014, 03:05:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fluffytone72

So I think I'm going to get the 59 but could someone please post a link to where I could buy one with fender style spacing.  It seems like these things are spaced for les paul style guitars.  I saw the 59 junior for strat but I want to buy the full size one(I'm assuming there are some tonal properties that are compromised with a smaller size humbucker).  Anyone had experience with this?  Should I just call SD and request spacing for fender bridge?  thanks for the advice yall, you guys are great.  I'll post a picture of my full rig with some sound samples before I take off for this little mini tour!

Buffered

Quote from: fluffytone72 on June 12, 2014, 01:24:45 AM
So I think I'm going to get the 59 but could someone please post a link to where I could buy one with fender style spacing.  It seems like these things are spaced for les paul style guitars.  I saw the 59 junior for strat but I want to buy the full size one(I'm assuming there are some tonal properties that are compromised with a smaller size humbucker).  Anyone had experience with this?  Should I just call SD and request spacing for fender bridge?  thanks for the advice yall, you guys are great.  I'll post a picture of my full rig with some sound samples before I take off for this little mini tour!

Unfortunately I do not. I always thought it was picking nits, whether the magnets are directly beneath the strings. However, if it doesn't physically fit I bet Ol' Seymour could help you out!
Gibson ES-339, PRS DGT & 408
Redplate CD2, Valvetrain Beninngton Reverb, Fryette Power Station
Little Miss Sunshine - Keeley Tone Workstation - MuFX Micro-tron III - Keeley Delay Workstation

Jkendrick

Quote from: fluffytone72 on June 12, 2014, 01:24:45 AM

Yeah when I got mine, I just called SD.  FWIW they did not respond well to email.
1989 Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 (Seymour Duncan 59s), POS Fender acoustic
'78 Silverface Fender Deluxe Reverb (Weber California w/ paper cone)
Teese RMC3 Wah> Boss Tu-3 Tuner> MXR Phase 45> Ibanez TS9 (Keeley modded)> TS808 (Analogman TV)> Keeley Compressor (two knob)>VFE Rocket Boost EQ> Boss DD-3> DigiTech JamMan Solo XT

dontpanic

Sorry this is way late... I sent mine to SD and they put the strat mounts on it. It turned out to be the only way to do it after searching for the brackets for days. Unfortunately, it did take a couple of weeks for them to send it back.