Portland, OR

Started by Jkendrick, July 24, 2014, 02:24:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jkendrick

I'm in the middle of a move from Boulder to Portland. I'm looking for folks in Portland that may be interested in jamming. I'm a 40 year old with small kids so I'm not looking for anything serious, just some occasional jamming. Shoot me a private message if you're interested or know someone who might be.

Here's a list of cover tunes I've been playing recently, though I'm also interested in working on original stuff:

Poor Places - Wilco
Peggy O - Traditional ( arr. Grateful Dead)
Mother Nature's Son - The Beatles
Going to California - Led Zeppelin
Tables & Chairs - Andrew Bird
Gomorrah - Jerry Garcia
Albuquerque - Neil Young
Nobody Knows You When You're Down and Out - Jimmy Cox (arr. Eric Clapton)
Beaumont Rag - Doc Watson
Russian Lullaby - Irving Berlin (arr. Garcia/Grisman)
All The Things You Are - Jerome Kern
Take the "A" Train - Billy Strayhorn
Terrapin Station - Grateful Dead
The Naming of Things - Andrew Bird
Cryptical Envelopment - Grateful Dead
Fluffhead - Phish
Abbey Road Suite (You Never Give Me Your Money>The End) - The Beatles
Help on the Way->Slipknot!-> (Grateful Dead)
AC/DC Bag - Phish
Sir Duke - Stevie Wonder
My Brother Esau - Grateful Dead
I Know A Little - Lynyrd Skynyrd
The Argus- Ween
Pink Moon - Nick Drake
Little One - Beck
At Least That's What You Said - Wilco
Just - Radiohead
The Divided Sky - Phish
Stormy Monday - T-Bone Walker
The Rain Song - Led Zeppelin
The Eleven - Grateful Dead
Shine On You Crazy Diamond - Pink Floyd
Stash - Phish
Eyes of the World - Grateful Dead
Holland 1945 - Neutral Milk Hotel
Tweezer Reprise - Phish
1989 Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 (Seymour Duncan 59s), POS Fender acoustic
'78 Silverface Fender Deluxe Reverb (Weber California w/ paper cone)
Teese RMC3 Wah> Boss Tu-3 Tuner> MXR Phase 45> Ibanez TS9 (Keeley modded)> TS808 (Analogman TV)> Keeley Compressor (two knob)>VFE Rocket Boost EQ> Boss DD-3> DigiTech JamMan Solo XT

No Nice Guy

Quote from: Jkendrick on July 24, 2014, 02:24:40 PM
I'm in the middle of a move from Boulder to Portland. I'm looking for folks in Portland that may be interested in jamming. I'm a 40 year old with small kids so I'm not looking for anything serious, just some occasional jamming. Shoot me a private message if you're interested or know someone who might be.

Here's a list of cover tunes I've been playing recently, though I'm also interested in working on original stuff:

Poor Places - Wilco
Gomorrah - Jerry Garcia
Albuquerque - Neil Young
Fluffhead - Phish
AC/DC Bag - Phish
Sir Duke - Stevie Wonder
The Argus- Ween
Pink Moon - Nick Drake
Little One - Beck
Just - Radiohead
The Divided Sky - Phish
Stash - Phish
Tweezer Reprise - Phish

If only you stayed in Boulder, ha!  I go to CU and am going back soon, would've loved to meet.  Oh well. 

Guitars:  Phred Ernesto, Michael Kelly Hourglass

Pedal Chain:  Korg Tuner > TS9 > Silver TS9 > Ross Clone > Phase 90 > Boss Tremolo > Whammy V > TC Flashback > TC Ditto

Amp:  Blues Jr

Poster

Quote from: Jkendrick on July 24, 2014, 02:24:40 PM

Poor Places - Wilco
Gomorrah - Jerry Garcia
Albuquerque - Neil Young
Fluffhead - Phish
AC/DC Bag - Phish
Sir Duke - Stevie Wonder
The Argus- Ween
Pink Moon - Nick Drake
Little One - Beck
Just - Radiohead
The Divided Sky - Phish
Stash - Phish
Tweezer Reprise - Phish

Sure. I play with the biggest jam hippies in town. Send me a PM and I will welcome you into the fold good sir. Cheers

Jkendrick

Just got back to Portland after flying back to Boulder to deal with the movers and drive one of the cars and the dog back. We're in temp housing in the Pearl for the next month, but I'll get in touch once we're into our permanent home in September. I've got a line on some bluegrass stuff too, though I'm not really much of a bluegrass picker.
Teese RMC3 Wah> Boss Tu-3 Tuner> MXR Phase 45> Ibanez TS9 (Keeley modded)> TS808 (Analogman TV)> Keeley Compressor (two knob)>VFE Rocket Boost EQ> Boss DD-3> DigiTech JamMan Solo XT

Poster

Jkendrick

Cool. The apartment we're in temporarily is at 12th & Davis. We'll be moving to the Multnomah Village area soon though.

Jkendrick

Hey Poster,  I'm settled in our house in the SW. Don't know if you're still interested in jamming. I have 2 year old twins but they are in daycare Tuesdays and Thursdays. Otherwise I can also get out in the evenings with a little advanced notice. I have jam space here as well.

Jkendrick

Does anyone know of a good way to find other musicians to jam with? I'm new to Portland and have tried BandMix with no real success. I've got jam space at my house,  but am hesitant to invite some random from Craigslist into my house. I don't have time for anything really serious either. I've been keeping tabs on the local craigslist musicians wanted board to see if there's anything that might work for me, but I don't want to post my own ad necessarily.  I know, I know.  Beggars can't be choosers, but I'm hoping someone may have an idea I've overlooked.

Walker done done

Go to the local hot spots and talk with folks.  I have a few friends in Portland that play.  Chris Hawley is one of them, great kid.  If you meet him tell him Benny from the other Portland said hi!
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

Jkendrick

Thanks for the reply,  but that's just not really feasible for me. I have two year old twin boys and taking off to go see local bands trying to find people to play with is tough if not impossible.  I'm older and looking for people at the same station in life so some sort of online thing seems like the best bet. Maybe Craigslist and BandMix are the best tools, I don't know. Just hoping I may have overlooked some other, similar tool.

Buffered

Quote from: Jkendrick on November 05, 2014, 04:45:32 PM
Thanks for the reply,  but that's just not really feasible for me. I have two year old twin boys and taking off to go see local bands trying to find people to play with is tough if not impossible.  I'm older and looking for people at the same station in life so some sort of online thing seems like the best bet. Maybe Craigslist and BandMix are the best tools, I don't know. Just hoping I may have overlooked some other, similar tool.

I've had great luck with CL. I would post an ad though, and be honest about your intentions. It'll probably work out.
Gibson ES-339, PRS DGT & 408
Redplate CD2, Valvetrain Beninngton Reverb, Fryette Power Station
Little Miss Sunshine - Keeley Tone Workstation - MuFX Micro-tron III - Keeley Delay Workstation