Gathering of the Vibes

Started by Buffered, July 30, 2014, 10:23:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buffered

Whose going?

Strangedesign.org meetup prior to Umphrey's? I'll be there tomorrow AM to sunday after moe.
Gibson ES-339, PRS DGT & 408
Redplate CD2, Valvetrain Beninngton Reverb, Fryette Power Station
Little Miss Sunshine - Keeley Tone Workstation - MuFX Micro-tron III - Keeley Delay Workstation

No Nice Guy

Quote from: Buffered on July 30, 2014, 10:23:33 AM
Whose going?

Strangedesign.org meetup prior to Umphrey's? I'll be there tomorrow AM to sunday after moe.

I wanted to go but it didn't work out :(.

Have a good time. 
Guitars:  Phred Ernesto, Michael Kelly Hourglass

Pedal Chain:  Korg Tuner > TS9 > Silver TS9 > Ross Clone > Phase 90 > Boss Tremolo > Whammy V > TC Flashback > TC Ditto

Amp:  Blues Jr

Buffered

Quote from: No Nice Guy on July 30, 2014, 06:34:55 PM
Whose going?

Have a good time. 

Hey thanks man. I'm most excited to see Jimmy Herring live with WSP, listened to them for a few years but this is my first live experience. I missed them this summer. With UM first and then the Disco Dead extravaganza afterwards it's gonna be an all day activity getting close.
Little Miss Sunshine - Keeley Tone Workstation - MuFX Micro-tron III - Keeley Delay Workstation

fluffytone72

I'm jealous.  I almost got a free ticket.  I'm pretty good friends with the guitarist from Twiddle, I don't know if he was serious but last time they were in town the band crashed at my place and he asked me to come up and jam with them at G.O.V. I guess that's a festival where collaborations are abundant and the audience just cares about music, so it doesn't matter if they've heard of you or not.  I followed up with him about it a couple weeks ago and he said he could get me a free day pass and I could come jam a tune or two.  I was so pumped! but when I looked at plane tickets it was going to cost me over a grand to get there and back not to mention lodging and food.  I'm just a broke college kid so I wasn't even close to being there. plus, I would have wanted to go to the whole festival not just one day.  BUMMER!  Anyways, have fun! and make sure to check out twiddle, they are awesome!  Mihali is a top notch guitar player

No Nice Guy

Quote from: Buffered on July 30, 2014, 06:39:45 PM
Whose going?

Have a good time. 

Hey thanks man. I'm most excited to see Jimmy Herring live with WSP, listened to them for a few years but this is my first live experience. I missed them this summer. With UM first and then the Disco Dead extravaganza afterwards it's gonna be an all day activity getting close.

I was really looking forward to Bisco with Billy and Mickey. 

BTW, if anyone here wants to make a lotta money buy a couple of the Bisco SYF pins they're gonna be selling there, and then go sell them in the lot of an EDM show or something.  People will pay good amounts for those things.

Pedal Chain:  Korg Tuner > TS9 > Silver TS9 > Ross Clone > Phase 90 > Boss Tremolo > Whammy V > TC Flashback > TC Ditto

Poster

Quote from: fluffytone72 on July 31, 2014, 12:37:16 AM
I'm jealous.  I almost got a free ticket.  I'm pretty good friends with the guitarist from Twiddle, I don't know if he was serious but last time they were in town the band crashed at my place and he asked me to come up and jam with them at G.O.V. I guess that's a festival where collaborations are abundant and the audience just cares about music, so it doesn't matter if they've heard of you or not.  I followed up with him about it a couple weeks ago and he said he could get me a free day pass and I could come jam a tune or two.  I was so pumped! but when I looked at plane tickets it was going to cost me over a grand to get there and back not to mention lodging and food.  I'm just a broke college kid so I wasn't even close to being there. plus, I would have wanted to go to the whole festival not just one day.  BUMMER!  Anyways, have fun! and make sure to check out twiddle, they are awesome!  Mihali is a top notch guitar player

LOL. Yeah man, ok. I went to castleton, graduated in that class, you would not be jamming at GOV with Twiddle. BULLSHIT! Maybe with Dead Relay. Now thats a band from castleton that wouldnt give a shit what you did.

Poster

Quote from: No Nice Guy on July 31, 2014, 10:09:56 AM
Whose going?

Have a good time. 

BTW, if anyone here wants to make a lotta money buy a couple of the Bisco SYF pins they're gonna be selling there, and then go sell them in the lot of an EDM show or something.  People will pay good amounts for those things.

And Bisco lot pin guy? WTF? Please tell me this is a troll.

No Nice Guy

Quote from: Poster on July 31, 2014, 10:37:26 AM
Quote from: No Nice Guy on July 31, 2014, 10:09:56 AM
Whose going?

Have a good time. 

And Bisco lot pin guy? WTF? Please tell me this is a troll.

https://www.facebook.com/discobiscuits/photos/a.10152412343893136.1073741835.16142418135/10153077934503136/?type=1&theater

Not really a lot pin.

And as a youngin' college student, I hang out with a lot of EDM/Pinheads who have dropped over 300 on single pins before.  I'd heard these were LE's so you could get at least a small profit ;)

Poster

thats insane! good for you man! pin heads? i cant even wrap my brain around that

fluffytone72

LOL. Yeah man, ok. I went to castleton, graduated in that class, you would not be jamming at GOV with Twiddle. BULLSHIT! Maybe with Dead Relay. Now thats a band from castleton that wouldnt give a shit what you did.
[/quote]

I felt like ripping you one for saying that but I guess on the surface that does sound pretty crazy if you didn't know me. 

Buffered

What a weekend. The Talking Heads and John Fogerty were my favorites, Bisco was pretty cool and the UM>WSP>tDB evening was interesting to say the least. I ended up selling Camel Blues, and came home with more money than I left with!