Main Menu

Trey's Doc Relic'd

Started by seriesnuns, September 01, 2014, 06:12:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seriesnuns

Down_With_Sco

You mean natural age? Those guitars get nothing BUT babied.
Guitars: 2006 Gibson Les Paul standard, 1997 Fender Stratocaster, 90's Fender Telecaster, Xavier and Aria acoustics

Pedals: Furman SPB-8C; Epigaze Audio Neutrino buffer > RMC Wizard > Whammy DT > Korg pitchblack > Maxon AF9 > Maxon OD9 silver x2 > Analogman 2 knob compRossor > Analogman Astrotone fuzz > Black Cat mini trem > Black Cat Vibe > Boss 500FMH volume > Boss PH2 > FL9 > Ibanez DE7 > TC Nova Repeater > Xotic EP booster

FX loop: Boomerang Phrase sampler v1

Amps: 50w Rockitt Retro Plexi, '89 Simul-class Mesa MKIII Blue stripe combo (V30) > 3/4 closed back 2x12 (C90) Mesa cab, 3rd gen 40w Fender Hot Rod deluxe, 50w Marshall MG 1x12 combo

seriesnuns

Looks like some good checking to me. Probaly left in the trunk one cold night.

Hoody

Not sure I'm seeing what you guys are seeing in that photo?  Anyone care to fill me in? 

His guitars are kept in an SKB case at all times at home, and a 4-6 guitar case while on the road.  They don't look relic'd to me, am i missing something?  And don't think that'd change the tone.

Anyone get a good look at his boogie settings?  they may have changed slightly.  And also i think he's bypassing the comp.

sour d

Is he using the shoulder of the pick?
Phiga bolt or Resurrection phishy hollowbody>bc rich emp 45 5 loop switcher. LOOP1: Emma discumbobulator>RMC joe walsh wah>'82 ts9>silver mod od9>ross compressor. LOOP2: add mid '80's proco rat LOOP3: add whammyII> digitech ex7. LOOP4: add microverb X2> dm2000> boomerang> digitech JML2. LOOP5: guitar into amp. '76 fender twin or a '64 fender deluxe

seriesnuns

That does look like checking to me.

I know Trey bring's his guitar everywhere with him. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets abused a little bit here and there.

I remember a phil and friends show in glen falls during his rehab when he guested. After the show he passed us on the highway in his audi station wagon with Christina Durfee and his guitar in the back seat. There's also people who've seen him traveling on airplanes with his guitar.

Hoody

You saw his guitar while he passed you and it wasn't in a case or something?  If its just in a case in the back seat, would that change anything?  And if he had a station wagon, wouldn't he just lay it flat in the wagon's trunk?  Would seem odd that he'd have it angled upright in the back of a car when he could lay it flat.  And the case he usually uses is so big that you couldn't put it upright where visible in the seat.  So he would have to have been using a different case.  Maybe he does when he's just carrying it around himself.  I know he has.

seriesnuns

Looked like something black in the back seat.  But I was more interested that he was giving Christina a ride home.

Keep in mind this was like 1 am after a Phil show where Trey showed up durring his hiatus. We were all buzzing pretty good.

Walker done done

Even if it is checking, which I agree it does look like, I don't think that would affect the tone at all.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.