Trey's licks last night.....

Started by Helping Friendly, October 22, 2014, 09:44:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helping Friendly

Anyone at the show or watched the stream last night? (I streamed) I really like how Trey was improving last night. I noticed him doing "a lot" of 2 octave Wes Montgomery type jazz licks. I feel he would occasionally do the 2 string octave thing in the past but it was always very brief.  But last night he was throwing funky triad's and 2 string octave jazzy licks all over the place. I feel he has been practicing and exploring this type of playing on his down time because it really shined last night. Anyone else notice this.  It was like jazzy cowfunk chords in between licks. He did it all night but I heard it alot in that sick ghost jam and alot in Birds of a feather between his singing. Great chord work last nite for sure! Alot of cool diminished and 7th triads. I'm loving it!

Buffered

Quote from: Helping Friendly on October 22, 2014, 09:44:51 AM
Anyone at the show or watched the stream last night? (I streamed) I really like how Trey was improving last night. I noticed him doing "a lot" of 2 octave Wes Montgomery type jazz licks. I feel he would occasionally do the 2 string octave thing in the past but it was always very brief.  But last night he was throwing funky triad's and 2 string octave jazzy licks all over the place. I feel he has been practicing and exploring this type of playing on his down time because it really shined last night. Anyone else notice this.  It was like jazzy cowfunk chords in between licks. He did it all night but I heard it alot in that sick ghost jam and alot in Birds of a feather between his singing. Great chord work last nite for sure! Alot of cool diminished and 7th triads. I'm loving it!

I'd like to hear it, sounds very interesting
Gibson ES-339, PRS DGT & 408
Redplate CD2, Valvetrain Beninngton Reverb, Fryette Power Station
Little Miss Sunshine - Keeley Tone Workstation - MuFX Micro-tron III - Keeley Delay Workstation