I've got a chance to meet Trey soon. Anyone got specific q's?

Started by No Nice Guy, February 01, 2015, 07:01:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walker done done

Quote from: PhanPhil on July 03, 2015, 09:08:30 PM
Exactly which body parts did you get caught stealing when you got suspended from UVM?  Did they smell kinda funky?  Were they embalmed?

It was a goat heart and a hand if I remember correctly. He mailed it to his friend, with a note that said "I've got to hand it to you, you've got heart"
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

No Nice Guy

I guess I owe you an update.  I did meet him once, but I said this:

"It's funny - you think a lot about what you'll say when you meet your idol and then when you actually do you're so awestruck that it's happening that you don't know what to say."  He laughed and we talked about guitars in the store.  He was cool.
Guitars:  Phred Ernesto, Michael Kelly Hourglass

Pedal Chain:  Korg Tuner > TS9 > Silver TS9 > Ross Clone > Phase 90 > Boss Tremolo > Whammy V > TC Flashback > TC Ditto

Amp:  Blues Jr

treyphan77

I met him one time back in the early 90s 'they were just getting popular' and then sometime around 2006, both times he was actually very cool and down to earth.

Helping Friendly

I know this thread is kinda old but if you get a chance to talk to him again this is what I would ask:
"Is your Red Stripe a real 60/100 or simul-class?"
"what brand of power tubes do you use/prefer? "

I've been wondering these questions for years. Of course there's the whole  crybaby -rmc3 thing also. Many speculations, but it would be great to hear it from Trey him self.

The simul - 60/100 is my 1st pick. I have a Simul-class and find it hard to believe he is using 15-25 watts?? He indeed has the switch set to half power in the recent rig shots.

BlueOnYellow

Quote from: Down_With_Sco on February 03, 2015, 01:44:08 PM
Ask him about the green languedoc as well! That's the one I'm most interested in. We know the least about that one!

Only saw this once, at Fenway, during TTE. Whatever happened to that green monster? Auctioned off or sold, maybe?

Mister Buddy

The Green Languedoc has appeared several times since Fenway. I remember seeing it briefly during the Cincy run in Fall 2009 and again in Miami the same year. Chances he sold it off or had it auctioned? Zero.