My custom Languedoc-inspired Telecaster

Started by Arafel, June 09, 2015, 06:15:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arafel

Figured I might share this here. I am a big Phish fan, and also love the late great Michael Houser from Widespread. I've always played Teles, and a few years ago got the idea to have a fully custom hollow Tele built. This is the result.

It has two Seymour Duncan SD1s in it, with Triple Shot Rails so that I can coil drop either coil on each pickup and go to single coil, and can also choose either series or parallel when in humbucking mode. The small switch next to the pickup selector is a phase switch, so I can throw the PUPs out of phase when they are both on. The bottom right volume knob is a push knob that activates an LR Baggs pickup built into the bridge. There is a stereo output jack, and I have a splitter cable at the end that sends the acoustic to a DI and the electric to my pedal board.

Other details: 25.5 scale, 24 frets, ebony fretboard, maple top, padauk back and sides.
Guitars: German custom hollow Tele; Fender 60th anniversary Tele
Amps: Fender Twin Reverb (head conversion) -> Hard Truckers Fatty loaded with Celestion Century Vintages; Bogner New Yorker
Effects: RMC Wheels of Fire wah -> Analog Man King of Tone -> Analog Man Silvermod TS-9 -> Analog Man Astro-Tone-> Analog Man Bi-Comprossor -> Analog Man Bi-Chorus -> Analog Man ARDX20 Dual Analog Delay (with AMAZEO tap-tempo box) -> TC Electronic Ditto X2 looper - Ernie Ball volume pedal

Arafel

OK, here are a few more pics.Click the image if you want to see it bigger. The guitar weighs six pounds, very nice for those long practice sessions. I also had the case modified slightly to fit it.

Switches:

switches

Side view:

side_view

Headstock:

headstock

Full view:

full_view

Inlay:

fretboard

f-holes

f-holes

Body:

depth
Amps: Fender Twin Reverb (head conversion) -> Hard Truckers Fatty loaded with Celestion Century Vintages; Bogner New Yorker
Effects: RMC Wheels of Fire wah -> Analog Man King of Tone -> Analog Man Silvermod TS-9 -> Analog Man Astro-Tone-> Analog Man Bi-Comprossor -> Analog Man Bi-Chorus -> Analog Man ARDX20 Dual Analog Delay (with AMAZEO tap-tempo box) -> TC Electronic Ditto X2 looper - Ernie Ball volume pedal

Down_With_Sco

Very nice, I'm sure it sounds fantastic!
Guitars: 2006 Gibson Les Paul standard, 1997 Fender Stratocaster, 90's Fender Telecaster, Xavier and Aria acoustics

Pedals: Furman SPB-8C; Epigaze Audio Neutrino buffer > RMC Wizard > Whammy DT > Korg pitchblack > Maxon AF9 > Maxon OD9 silver x2 > Analogman 2 knob compRossor > Analogman Astrotone fuzz > Black Cat mini trem > Black Cat Vibe > Boss 500FMH volume > Boss PH2 > FL9 > Ibanez DE7 > TC Nova Repeater > Xotic EP booster

FX loop: Boomerang Phrase sampler v1

Amps: 50w Rockitt Retro Plexi, '89 Simul-class Mesa MKIII Blue stripe combo (V30) > 3/4 closed back 2x12 (C90) Mesa cab, 3rd gen 40w Fender Hot Rod deluxe, 50w Marshall MG 1x12 combo

Happyorange27

Nice.  Always wanted to add an acoustic pickup to mine as well.  How good does that pickup sound?  Can you get any audio to us?
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

Arafel

Quote from: Happyorange27 on June 11, 2015, 06:49:14 AM
Nice.  Always wanted to add an acoustic pickup to mine as well.  How good does that pickup sound?  Can you get any audio to us?

It sound great actually, very acoustic. I can work on getting some audio.

No Nice Guy

Quote from: Arafel on June 11, 2015, 08:31:49 AM
Quote from: Happyorange27 on June 11, 2015, 06:49:14 AM

It sound great actually, very acoustic. I can work on getting some audio.

I literally just wrote a thread about doing that haha.

That thing is really nice, if you don't mind sharing, how much was it?
Guitars:  Phred Ernesto, Michael Kelly Hourglass

Pedal Chain:  Korg Tuner > TS9 > Silver TS9 > Ross Clone > Phase 90 > Boss Tremolo > Whammy V > TC Flashback > TC Ditto

Amp:  Blues Jr