The Line-Walkdown

Started by seriesnuns, July 19, 2015, 06:21:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seriesnuns

Can someone help me with the walk down at the end of the chorus.

Gm         F           Ab
   And you step to the line

Thanks

Hoody

Anyone catch the shows and see what trey was using from the dead shows?  He go back to his standard rig or keep some of the dead stuff?

Heard he had first koa guitar, which is my favorite sound of them all.  Probably koa 1 and the original are the 2 favorites of mine. 

Also heard he had new pups.  Any info?  How'd he sound tone wise?

Down_With_Sco

Quote from: Hoody on July 22, 2015, 06:44:34 PM
Anyone catch the shows and see what trey was using from the dead shows?  He go back to his standard rig or keep some of the dead stuff?

Heard he had first koa guitar, which is my favorite sound of them all.  Probably koa 1 and the original are the 2 favorites of mine. 

Also heard he had new pups.  Any info?  How'd he sound tone wise?

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1h4GJxSjmrSNNY75fosp4YamVeFygG8P2mBfwPpqS2DU/edit
Guitars: 2006 Gibson Les Paul standard, 1997 Fender Stratocaster, 90's Fender Telecaster, Xavier and Aria acoustics

Pedals: Furman SPB-8C; Epigaze Audio Neutrino buffer > RMC Wizard > Whammy DT > Korg pitchblack > Maxon AF9 > Maxon OD9 silver x2 > Analogman 2 knob compRossor > Analogman Astrotone fuzz > Black Cat mini trem > Black Cat Vibe > Boss 500FMH volume > Boss PH2 > FL9 > Ibanez DE7 > TC Nova Repeater > Xotic EP booster

FX loop: Boomerang Phrase sampler v1

Amps: 50w Rockitt Retro Plexi, '89 Simul-class Mesa MKIII Blue stripe combo (V30) > 3/4 closed back 2x12 (C90) Mesa cab, 3rd gen 40w Fender Hot Rod deluxe, 50w Marshall MG 1x12 combo

bigebeer

the walkdown is just parallel octaves going down the Ab Major scale starting from the 5. So the notes are: Eb - Db - C - Bb - Ab 

seriesnuns

Thank you. I'm away from home now in California seeing Phish and my sister. Will get back to my axe later this week.

The band is so tasty now with there playing.

The Line opener is Shoreline was not well placed IMO.

I like it better in a second set transition song.

bigebeer

Awesome! I just got done with the whole west coast run myself. Shoreline and forum were straight fire. Bend was beautiful and was cool to get 7 debuts!!