MSG New Years and Lottery

Started by dougiefresh1891, September 30, 2015, 11:58:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dougiefresh1891

Entered the lottery this year and had some pretty good luck. Scored 3 GA West for 12/31. Seeing as this is my first NYE show at the Garden, I wanted to see if you guys had any advice on how to do it. Would like to be as close to the front rail as possible, so any idea how early people start lining up to get in? Pretty sure doors are at 7 that night.

Any and all tips and tricks are appreciated. See some of you guys at the show hopefully!

Buffered

Quote from: dougiefresh1891 on September 30, 2015, 11:58:36 AM
Entered the lottery this year and had some pretty good luck. Scored 3 GA West for 12/31. Seeing as this is my first NYE show at the Garden, I wanted to see if you guys had any advice on how to do it. Would like to be as close to the front rail as possible, so any idea how early people start lining up to get in? Pretty sure doors are at 7 that night.

Any and all tips and tricks are appreciated. See some of you guys at the show hopefully!

Lucky you! I put in every year and other get non-NYe shows, so lame.

If for some reason one ticket is available, I will buy it from you.
Gibson ES-339, PRS DGT & 408
Redplate CD2, Valvetrain Beninngton Reverb, Fryette Power Station
Little Miss Sunshine - Keeley Tone Workstation - MuFX Micro-tron III - Keeley Delay Workstation

Down_With_Sco

I've only been to MSG once and it was for 12/28/12. Got in late due to my bus being late and shit procedure by MSg staff (this was the first time they split the floor East and West). Anyways, I couldn't move up at all during the first set, but by setbreak I had moved up to pretty much the rail Page side. enjoyed the whole Tweezer until GTBT from that spot.

I struck out on the lottery this go-around, would like to still go in for 12/30 and 12/31.
Guitars: 2006 Gibson Les Paul standard, 1997 Fender Stratocaster, 90's Fender Telecaster, Xavier and Aria acoustics

Pedals: Furman SPB-8C; Epigaze Audio Neutrino buffer > RMC Wizard > Whammy DT > Korg pitchblack > Maxon AF9 > Maxon OD9 silver x2 > Analogman 2 knob compRossor > Analogman Astrotone fuzz > Black Cat mini trem > Black Cat Vibe > Boss 500FMH volume > Boss PH2 > FL9 > Ibanez DE7 > TC Nova Repeater > Xotic EP booster

FX loop: Boomerang Phrase sampler v1

Amps: 50w Rockitt Retro Plexi, '89 Simul-class Mesa MKIII Blue stripe combo (V30) > 3/4 closed back 2x12 (C90) Mesa cab, 3rd gen 40w Fender Hot Rod deluxe, 50w Marshall MG 1x12 combo

No Nice Guy

Quote from: dougiefresh1891 on September 30, 2015, 11:58:36 AM

To get to the rail, wait at the gate for the doors to open for as long as you can bear, as soon as you're in beeline right for your spot.  Run straight for the rail as fast as staff lets you.  Don't move until after the show unless you have a real good crew.

The floor on MSG is so cool, not only are you sharing history with tons of sports legends (Patrick Ewing, Michael Jordan, Rod Gilbert, the first Mohammed Ali - Joe Fraizer fight, etc), but since the venue is suspended 5 stories above ground by springs, you actually can feel the whole place shake with the music and dancing.  It's so unreal to experience (you can read about it in Phil Lesh's autobiography).

I got a ticket for all but 1/1, I can't decide if I wanna get a 1/1 ticket or go see JRAD up at the Cap that night instead.
Guitars:  Phred Ernesto, Michael Kelly Hourglass

Pedal Chain:  Korg Tuner > TS9 > Silver TS9 > Ross Clone > Phase 90 > Boss Tremolo > Whammy V > TC Flashback > TC Ditto

Amp:  Blues Jr

Mister Buddy

If you want to sell you 1/1 ticket, just shoot me a message. If it's not in the nosebleeds, I'll gladly take it off your hands :)

No Nice Guy

How'd the onsale go for everyone?  I got the 1/1 I needed, I'll be at MSG all nights.
Guitars:  Phred Ernesto, Michael Kelly Hourglass

Pedal Chain:  Korg Tuner > TS9 > Silver TS9 > Ross Clone > Phase 90 > Boss Tremolo > Whammy V > TC Flashback > TC Ditto

Amp:  Blues Jr

seriesnuns

Currently have two extras on 12/30 in 102. Trying to trade for decent seats on NYE.

Let me know!

Down_With_Sco

That was brutal.... could not even pull a single ticket from the PC or Phone app.

yay couch tour?
Guitars: 2006 Gibson Les Paul standard, 1997 Fender Stratocaster, 90's Fender Telecaster, Xavier and Aria acoustics

Pedals: Furman SPB-8C; Epigaze Audio Neutrino buffer > RMC Wizard > Whammy DT > Korg pitchblack > Maxon AF9 > Maxon OD9 silver x2 > Analogman 2 knob compRossor > Analogman Astrotone fuzz > Black Cat mini trem > Black Cat Vibe > Boss 500FMH volume > Boss PH2 > FL9 > Ibanez DE7 > TC Nova Repeater > Xotic EP booster

FX loop: Boomerang Phrase sampler v1

Amps: 50w Rockitt Retro Plexi, '89 Simul-class Mesa MKIII Blue stripe combo (V30) > 3/4 closed back 2x12 (C90) Mesa cab, 3rd gen 40w Fender Hot Rod deluxe, 50w Marshall MG 1x12 combo