tascam guitar trainer

Started by cactuskeeb, January 08, 2009, 03:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cactuskeeb

I've been listening to ultra slow mo, pitch correct guitar lines from 12/29/97 and some circa fall '99 shows with this thing.  It's freaking incredible.

http://www.tascam.com/products/cd-gt2.html

Walker done done

A great tool....I've had the Tascam CD GTMKII for a couple years and it sure makes clearing the air a lot easier.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

cactuskeeb

Have you tried to learn any of Trey's live stuff by slowing it down with the trainer?

Walker done done

Quote from: cactuskeeb on January 08, 2009, 08:33:59 PM
Have you tried to learn any of Trey's live stuff by slowing it down with the trainer?

Absolutely.  That's how I was able to decipher & tab out the riffs for a number of songs, notably Drifitng, Shine, Suskind Hotel, Low, and a number of other recently added tab here.  It's a great tool, no doubt.  The biggest benefit I've noticed hasn't been deciphering Trey, however, it's been deciphering Jerry.  Jerry was a lot quicker and more ambiguous than Trey, IMO, when soloing.  I've found, for the most part, that Trey's been a little easier to figure out than Jerry, though that certainly is not a blanket statement.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

strangedesign

i need one of those things. I've got all these nice expensive toys and I still suck at playing guitar.
All aboard for the tour, riding next to the truth...

www.strangedesign.org

Walker done done

It's a relatively cheap investment and also fairly easy to use, and that's coming from a guy who loathes at having to read directions on anything that I buy.  I'd recommend getting one, it's fun to play with & will teach you a lot about whoever you're listening to's style & intro you to some tricks & what not.

Loop 3 Boomerang+