Strange Design Forums
January 20, 2019, 05:38:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Main Site

StrangedesigN | Trey's Rig | Chords | Lyrics | Photos | Links

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: tascam guitar trainer  (Read 4552 times)
cactuskeeb

« on: January 08, 2009, 03:57:39 PM »

I've been listening to ultra slow mo, pitch correct guitar lines from 12/29/97 and some circa fall '99 shows with this thing.  It's freaking incredible.

http://www.tascam.com/products/cd-gt2.html

Walker done done
Administrator
Legend

« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 05:14:16 PM »

A great tool....I've had the Tascam CD GTMKII for a couple years and it sure makes clearing the air a lot easier.

Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.
cactuskeeb

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 08:33:59 PM »

Have you tried to learn any of Trey's live stuff by slowing it down with the trainer?
Walker done done
Administrator
Legend

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 11:16:55 AM »

Have you tried to learn any of Trey's live stuff by slowing it down with the trainer?

Absolutely.  That's how I was able to decipher & tab out the riffs for a number of songs, notably Drifitng, Shine, Suskind Hotel, Low, and a number of other recently added tab here.  It's a great tool, no doubt.  The biggest benefit I've noticed hasn't been deciphering Trey, however, it's been deciphering Jerry.  Jerry was a lot quicker and more ambiguous than Trey, IMO, when soloing.  I've found, for the most part, that Trey's been a little easier to figure out than Jerry, though that certainly is not a blanket statement.

Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.
strangedesign
Administrator

You'll never get out of this maze...

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 11:42:50 AM »

i need one of those things. I've got all these nice expensive toys and I still suck at playing guitar.

All aboard for the tour, riding next to the truth...

www.strangedesign.org
Walker done done
Administrator
Legend

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2009, 03:52:57 PM »

It's a relatively cheap investment and also fairly easy to use, and that's coming from a guy who loathes at having to read directions on anything that I buy.  I'd recommend getting one, it's fun to play with & will teach you a lot about whoever you're listening to's style & intro you to some tricks & what not.

Loop 3 Boomerang+

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: