Main Menu

GD50?

Started by Heady Jam Fan, November 21, 2015, 09:38:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Heady Jam Fan

Hey all,

Anyone here interested in GD50? I know people had a lot of mixed feelings about the box set, the cost, how it was marketed. Not interested in that discussion - I still want the music! Anastasio playing the dead? Hell yeah.

I sold my late 80's / early 90's Dead CD collection to pay for the Box Set when the website said only a limited number of box sets would be sold - not other medium. Now I see my box set still hasn't shipped and they have digital downloads. My plan had been to rip the cds and sell the box set anyway. What are you guys going? I just want to listen to it in high quality (the non-official copies floating around out there only sound okay).
Headless Hollowbody > Mesa Boogie MK III > TRM Trucker 212 w/ V30's
Whammy 5 > Mini Wah > 74 Script Phase 90 > CP9Pro+ > 82 TS9 > 83 TS9 > Ross Compressor > Turbo-Tuner > 83 AD9

Down_With_Sco

I'll look for a download somewhere if I can find one eventually.
Guitars: 2006 Gibson Les Paul standard, 1997 Fender Stratocaster, 90's Fender Telecaster, Xavier and Aria acoustics

Pedals: Furman SPB-8C; Epigaze Audio Neutrino buffer > RMC Wizard > Whammy DT > Korg pitchblack > Maxon AF9 > Maxon OD9 silver x2 > Analogman 2 knob compRossor > Analogman Astrotone fuzz > Black Cat mini trem > Black Cat Vibe > Boss 500FMH volume > Boss PH2 > FL9 > Ibanez DE7 > TC Nova Repeater > Xotic EP booster

FX loop: Boomerang Phrase sampler v1

Amps: 50w Rockitt Retro Plexi, '89 Simul-class Mesa MKIII Blue stripe combo (V30) > 3/4 closed back 2x12 (C90) Mesa cab, 3rd gen 40w Fender Hot Rod deluxe, 50w Marshall MG 1x12 combo

Jkendrick

The guys at Airshow mastered it, so I'm curious to hear it. They do good work. The mix on the streams was terrible, so I'm hopeful this will be much better. I wasn't super impressed watching the streams, but perhaps my opinion will change after hearing a better mix. Those in attendance say the mix was much better in person and many of them thought the shows were great.
1989 Paul Reed Smith Custom 24 (Seymour Duncan 59s), POS Fender acoustic
'78 Silverface Fender Deluxe Reverb (Weber California w/ paper cone)
Teese RMC3 Wah> Boss Tu-3 Tuner> MXR Phase 45> Ibanez TS9 (Keeley modded)> TS808 (Analogman TV)> Keeley Compressor (two knob)>VFE Rocket Boost EQ> Boss DD-3> DigiTech JamMan Solo XT

Walker done done

I was at the SC shows and the live audio from night 2 was definitely better than night 1.  You could tell they were working it out on the go.  Still sounded great and those memories will never leave me!
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

No Nice Guy

I run a couple of 'underground' music trading 'sites' (calling them their own website is kinda an exaggeration...) but it was orignially created for GD SBD's, so FTW shit will be posted there soon.

I'll get you a link as soon as I find one.
Guitars:  Phred Ernesto, Michael Kelly Hourglass

Pedal Chain:  Korg Tuner > TS9 > Silver TS9 > Ross Clone > Phase 90 > Boss Tremolo > Whammy V > TC Flashback > TC Ditto

Amp:  Blues Jr

Walker done done

Nice I'd love to have that too, but please make sure to PM them and not post the links here (I'm sure you already know that, just making sure)
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

Heady Jam Fan

Great!

I tried to cancel my order with Dead.net this weekend. Since they missed the deadline (no pun intended) and then posted the digital version after indicating this audio would only be available in box sets, I figured its pretty fair to cancel last minute. I just got an emailing say it shipped, but Fedex doesn't have the box yet, so I emailed them again asking them to cancel the order.
Whammy 5 > Mini Wah > 74 Script Phase 90 > CP9Pro+ > 82 TS9 > 83 TS9 > Ross Compressor > Turbo-Tuner > 83 AD9

Walker done done

Quote from: Heady Jam Fan on November 23, 2015, 12:58:56 PM
Great!

I tried to cancel my order with Dead.net this weekend. Since they missed the deadline (no pun intended) and then posted the digital version after indicating this audio would only be available in box sets, I figured its pretty fair to cancel last minute. I just got an emailing say it shipped, but Fedex doesn't have the box yet, so I emailed them again asking them to cancel the order.

Ah the old bait & switch. Shame on the GD for pulling stunts like that.

Loop 3 Boomerang+

Heady Jam Fan

Quote from: Walker done done on November 23, 2015, 01:34:05 PM
Quote from: Heady Jam Fan on November 23, 2015, 12:58:56 PM
Great!

Ah the old bait & switch. Shame on the GD for pulling stunts like that.

Yep! Everywhere I looked, the only info I could find was that if you wanted all the music, you had to buy the box set - it wouldn't be available in other formats or separate CD's. Still haven't heard back from them.

PS - No Nice Guy, do you mean the final edited/mastered versions from Dead.net?

Heady Jam Fan

Well. Dead.net said they will not cancel the order once processed - I can return it, but they will not refund the shipping. Wonderful - there goes my excitement about this! Now I have to decide whether to just accept that, or refuse the shipment and argue to get my shipping costs back.

Buffered

They did that with Spring 1990, Europe 72 box, and May 1977. If you end up disputing the charge and not getting the music I can send you the FTW shows, and the aforementioned boxes
Gibson ES-339, PRS DGT & 408
Redplate CD2, Valvetrain Beninngton Reverb, Fryette Power Station
Little Miss Sunshine - Keeley Tone Workstation - MuFX Micro-tron III - Keeley Delay Workstation

Heady Jam Fan

Quote from: Buffered on November 24, 2015, 12:30:07 PM
They did that with Spring 1990, Europe 72 box, and May 1977. If you end up disputing the charge and not getting the music I can send you the FTW shows, and the aforementioned boxes

I have '90 and '72 - great albums! I like those late 80's and early 90's ones - jammy and good tone.

You guys have have FTW - is that the final, mastered ones from rhino/dead.net?

No Nice Guy

Quote from: Heady Jam Fan on November 25, 2015, 06:54:26 AM

I have '90 and '72 - great albums! I like those late 80's and early 90's ones - jammy and good tone.

Yeah, I got busy with something and forgot to ask on my pages, I just posted to a couple of em.  I was asked not to share the links for them but the 30 Trips box is really quality, amazing mastering.  I'm also happy my favourite show (Lindley Meadows) got a release
Guitars:  Phred Ernesto, Michael Kelly Hourglass

Pedal Chain:  Korg Tuner > TS9 > Silver TS9 > Ross Clone > Phase 90 > Boss Tremolo > Whammy V > TC Flashback > TC Ditto

Amp:  Blues Jr

Buffered

Quote from: No Nice Guy on November 26, 2015, 12:20:39 AM

It looks like the legit one to me, with the same artwork but anybody could add that. I think it sounds good. The Europe 72' box is their April-May 1972 tour, my favorite era I think. Spotify actually has a bunch of those shows available too interestingly enough.

I always re-uploaded under a different link once I would DL content, you could do that and still be a NiceGuy!
Gibson ES-339, PRS DGT & 408
Redplate CD2, Valvetrain Beninngton Reverb, Fryette Power Station
Little Miss Sunshine - Keeley Tone Workstation - MuFX Micro-tron III - Keeley Delay Workstation

Heady Jam Fan

Quote from: Buffered on November 28, 2015, 02:57:30 PM
Quote from: No Nice Guy on November 26, 2015, 12:20:39 AM

It looks like the legit one to me, with the same artwork but anybody could add that. I think it sounds good. The Europe 72' box is their April-May 1972 tour, my favorite era I think. Spotify actually has a bunch of those shows available too interestingly enough.

I always re-uploaded under a different link once I would DL content, you could do that and still be a NiceGuy!

The box set arrived today. Ok - its pretty cool!