Amp Placement From Rig / Standing Position

Started by afountas, November 29, 2015, 03:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

afountas

Anyone have any thoughts on ideal amp placement in vicinity to where you might be standing.  The question specifically pertains to home playing/jamming.  I noticed if I stand about 7-10 feet away from the amp and face away from it, everything sounds much better compared to facing the amp and standing close to it.  Also, the amp is on a stand and leans back at about a 30 degree angle.  

I was thinking about putting up sound proofing foam on the ceiling and walls because I get the feeling the sound quality has to do with the sound diffusing after it deflects off the ceiling and floor... rather than the actual location causing the difference in sound.  

here's the rig:

Thoughts?
Guitars: Equator Mini, Fender Strat Deluxe, Tacoma Custom Build Koa (acoustic), Taylor NS74CE (acoustic)> Martin D16GT (acoustic)>

Effects:
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell >  OD9 Silver > OD9 Silver > Analogman BiComp >
Loop Master 5 Loop (w/tuner out): 1. (Korg Pitchblack Tuner) 2. Whammy 5 w/ Midi  3. Black Cat Vibe 4. Line 6 M13 5.(empty) 6. Boomerang III

Amp: 1990 Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue w/ Weber Blue Dog 50 watt Paper Cone Light Dope