2015 Equator Guitar For Sale - Awesome !!!

Started by afountas, June 07, 2016, 04:04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

afountas

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Equator-Instruments-Hollowbody-Languedoc-Phish-style-Koa-electric-guitar-/131840633962?fromMakeTrack=true

Anyone who wants something as close as you will get to a real Languedoc & almost an identical to Trey's #3 (I think) Koa... here you go.
Guitars: Equator Mini, Fender Strat Deluxe, Tacoma Custom Build Koa (acoustic), Taylor NS74CE (acoustic)> Martin D16GT (acoustic)>

Effects:
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell >  OD9 Silver > OD9 Silver > Analogman BiComp >
Loop Master 5 Loop (w/tuner out): 1. (Korg Pitchblack Tuner) 2. Whammy 5 w/ Midi  3. Black Cat Vibe 4. Line 6 M13 5.(empty) 6. Boomerang III

Amp: 1990 Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue w/ Weber Blue Dog 50 watt Paper Cone Light Dope

Helping Friendly

This is funny because I have a pederson j2 that plays like a dream but I'm always wondering what one of these plays like and sounds like. I have been trying to find one local so I can test drive one. I'm in NJ if anyone has one and wants to try a Pederson J2. Lol. Is this yours? Are you any where near NJ? Sorry to slightly higher jack your thread but I came to the page to see if there was any equator talk going on and here it was. I might be interested but I would have to test it first.

afountas

I initially posted just to share that I saw it on ebay in case anyone was interested... but I couldn't resist and bought it.  This is the 2nd Equator I own.  I'm in the midwest, otherwise I would def say come by check it out and play it.
Guitars: Equator Mini, Fender Strat Deluxe, Tacoma Custom Build Koa (acoustic), Taylor NS74CE (acoustic)> Martin D16GT (acoustic)>

Effects:
Loop Master 5 Loop (w/tuner out): 1. (Korg Pitchblack Tuner) 2. Whammy 5 w/ Midi  3. Black Cat Vibe 4. Line 6 M13 5.(empty) 6. Boomerang III

Amp: 1990 Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue w/ Weber Blue Dog 50 watt Paper Cone Light Dope

tsbot

Dang you bought it!  That's great - looks like some of his better work - plus the 'clean up' has been done.

afountas

Effects:

Helping Friendly

afountas

I couldn't swap man.  I don't have human kids... but these sort of feel like my version. 

I've heard those Peterson's are pretty sick though.

Effects:

Heady Jam Fan

Quote from: afountas on June 21, 2016, 12:35:43 PM
I couldn't swap man.  I don't have human kids... but these sort of feel like my version. 

I've heard those Peterson's are pretty sick though.

Ones Koa and ones Maple on Mahogany? How do they sound in comparison to each other?
Headless Hollowbody > Mesa Boogie MK III > TRM Trucker 212 w/ V30's
Whammy 5 > Mini Wah > 74 Script Phase 90 > CP9Pro+ > 82 TS9 > 83 TS9 > Ross Compressor > Turbo-Tuner > 83 AD9

afountas

The Koa one is a Standard Series:
-Koa top
-Koa back
-Maple sides
-Maple neck with: Acacia-Paduak-Acacia binding
-Koa binding on body/neck/headstock

The Maple one is a Mini Series:

- Maple Top
- Walnut Back
- Masare sides
- Maple Neck w Cocobolo binding

The Koa is a little more tamed and has somewhat of a jazzier tone.  However, when you put it through tube screamer silvers and a fender deluxe reverb it's very very similar to the Trey tone.

The Maple is louder and has little bit of a harsher/treblier sounds, which probably has to do with the pickup covers coming off and the body size being slightly smaller.

Effects:

Heady Jam Fan

Quote from: afountas on June 21, 2016, 04:56:43 PM
The Koa one is a Standard Series:
-Koa top
-Koa back
-Maple sides
-Maple neck with: Acacia-Paduak-Acacia binding
-Koa binding on body/neck/headstock

The Maple one is a Mini Series:

- Maple Top
- Walnut Back
- Masare sides
- Maple Neck w Cocobolo binding

The Koa is a little more tamed and has somewhat of a jazzier tone.  However, when you put it through tube screamer silvers and a fender deluxe reverb it's very very similar to the Trey tone.

The Maple is louder and has little bit of a harsher/treblier sounds, which probably has to do with the pickup covers coming off and the body size being slightly smaller.

Makes sense - maple is brighter than koa too. Very cool!
Headless Hollowbody > Mesa Boogie MK III > TRM Trucker 212 w/ V30's
Whammy 5 > Mini Wah > 74 Script Phase 90 > CP9Pro+ > 82 TS9 > 83 TS9 > Ross Compressor > Turbo-Tuner > 83 AD9