Equator Guitar Owners

Started by trunkyfunk, July 15, 2016, 12:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trunkyfunk

Working with brooks now to get one done. Unfortunately the bridge posts are not standard. My goal was to keep the base and swap out the top. Turning out to be a tad more complicated. Will update you when Ive got er done.

Helping Friendly

Sweet. I look forward to the results!

seriesnuns

I know you guys are talking bridges but check out these knobs I just ordered to compliment my pickup rings.

https://m.imgur.com/pTL0Vk2

https://m.imgur.com/EHNZvmI

afountas

Nice.  Did you get them from Dknob.com

Post a pic when they're on the guit. Def want to see it.
Guitars: Equator Mini, Fender Strat Deluxe, Tacoma Custom Build Koa (acoustic), Taylor NS74CE (acoustic)> Martin D16GT (acoustic)>

Effects:
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell >  OD9 Silver > OD9 Silver > Analogman BiComp >
Loop Master 5 Loop (w/tuner out): 1. (Korg Pitchblack Tuner) 2. Whammy 5 w/ Midi  3. Black Cat Vibe 4. Line 6 M13 5.(empty) 6. Boomerang III

Amp: 1990 Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue w/ Weber Blue Dog 50 watt Paper Cone Light Dope

seriesnuns

Yes they are from Dr Knob. The pickup rings are from LMII

He made these super fast. Like overnight. He also asked for a picture of my guitar top so he could match the Koa best he could.

They're being delivered today so I'll have some pictures later.

seriesnuns

They look great. I need to tighten them a bit more. My allen key I have is a bit large

afountas

Hey man,

What kind of a case is that?  The ones I have that came with the equators aren't great so I was thinking about replacing them.
Guitars: Equator Mini, Fender Strat Deluxe, Tacoma Custom Build Koa (acoustic), Taylor NS74CE (acoustic)> Martin D16GT (acoustic)>

Effects:
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell >  OD9 Silver > OD9 Silver > Analogman BiComp >
Loop Master 5 Loop (w/tuner out): 1. (Korg Pitchblack Tuner) 2. Whammy 5 w/ Midi  3. Black Cat Vibe 4. Line 6 M13 5.(empty) 6. Boomerang III

Amp: 1990 Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue w/ Weber Blue Dog 50 watt Paper Cone Light Dope

seriesnuns

Ameritage custom case. Took about 3-4 months to get, built like a tank. My biggest complaint is how heavy it is.

trunkyfunk

Looks sick!!! Curious if you have had any issues with your old Standard sounding muddier and less crisp. Curious if you switched out your PUP and wirings.

Helping Friendly

Quote from: trunkyfunk on August 09, 2016, 06:44:38 PM
Looks sick!!! Curious if you have had any issues with your old Standard sounding muddier and less crisp. Curious if you switched out your PUP and wirings.

Me too! I'm in the process of new wiring and new pups. I'm doing it because of exactly what you are asking. I hope it fixes it on my mini.. I'll let you know. I won't have the pup for another 2 weeks probably .

trunkyfunk

Let me know the word and how it turns out. I need to dig into my old red stripe combo amp and see if my capacitors need replacing as well. I hear that can add to the muddiness as well.

Helping Friendly

Tru. I will. Did you always have this problem? Check the volume pot on the guitar. Make sure David didn't put a 250k of something lower than 500k. On one of my guitars that I wanted brighter I put a 680k pot and that did the trick. You could try a no load tone pot as well. All this will brighten things up.

seriesnuns

Just curious if your volume pot is in front or back towards the rear.

Mine original had it reversed. And it was muddy. I would get the electronics double checked.

trunkyfunk

Since were on the topic of volume pots....Been trying to do some research to see if I have a pot issue or a ground issue. I attached some youtube links with the hum that I am getting through the pickups. Changing the volume levels, and not getting any crackling when I, just more hum. All dimmer switches and fans are off in the house.
Checked the pots in the amp, and they all still look good. Went through the tubes and all seem to be good.
Plugged it into the blues jr. and got the same hum.

Curious if anyone has any insights....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IONnSKlaYhQ

trunkyfunk

There is also crackling when I put my graphite Adamas pick on the string....while the plastic pick does not crackle.
Ground issue?