Equator Guitar Owners

Started by trunkyfunk, July 15, 2016, 12:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helping Friendly

Absolutely a ground issue with guitar. Maybe the strings became ungrounded or somewhere else in the guitar.
I would pull it out and find the issue or rewire it completely

Love the color or your equator by the way. What kind of wood is it?

seriesnuns

I also have issues with adamas picks. you have to be conscious not to let the pick rest on the strings or they ground out. I have heard stories about static electricity being stored in them and letting them sit on dryer sheets can help. I haven't gone to that extreme yet.

Helping Friendly

I've used those picks for years without issues. Weird stuff. Maybe some of them have a pulse? Lol

trunkyfunk

Thanks for the help. Somehow my grounding switch got moved to the off position on the amp intensifying the noise. Still have a ground issue I believe and will take it to the tech once the new brass bridge arrives!!! I am intrigued by the dryer sheet scenario. Its hard to come by a fresh smelling pick these days ;)
I grabbed a buddys humbucker guitar and we were getting a similar hum. There is a good chance that the wiring of the house long with other EMW? are being emitted and picked up by the pick up.
This noise did drastically decrease once I got a 7 channel bypass switcher control pedal. The boomerang seems to not play nice in the chain.

Helping Friendly

Which version Boomerang do you have? I got the newest one and it's pretty quiet. I've heard the older ones are noisy though.

Unfortunately hums and buzzing could come from alot of sources. Especially with a big rig. Best to start simple and gradually add effects to find the culprit.

trunkyfunk

Have the older one. Saw on the forum and a boomerang forum that you can "jump" the input and output with resistors....http://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/boomerang-noise-question.942935/

My solution was just putting into its own loop with my bypass pedal switcher. Cant hear it while its on or playing. The new ones look sweet, and I've heard it kills the noise....but cant commit to the price of it at the moment. I do love the pure fact that the new is full on transformer status, with all the given sidecars and add ons. Optimus Rang?
The thing is crazy though an dhow much you can do with it. Seems like the new ditto looper gets close, regards to similar functionality, but at a better price. From reviews it seems like quality can be an issue time to time....aka not working for some reason or another.

Helping Friendly

Did we ever finish the saddle project? Still waiting... Still waiting...

Buffered

So I guess Boomerang isn't making sidecars anymore, something about trying to sell the company - I emailed a few times with no luck - any of you folks got a lead on a sidecar? I want one for mine so bad.
Gibson ES-339, PRS DGT & 408
Redplate CD2, Valvetrain Beninngton Reverb, Fryette Power Station
Little Miss Sunshine - Keeley Tone Workstation - MuFX Micro-tron III - Keeley Delay Workstation

afountas

Buffered, I've been looking for a sidecar too.  On the boomerang website it listed Burlington Audio as a distributor.  I called them and they said that the President of the company passed away and that is the reason they're selling the company.  Also, it's unlikely they will be producing anymore. 

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/dallasmorningnews/obituary.aspx?pid=174327691

What a bummer.
Guitars: Equator Mini, Fender Strat Deluxe, Tacoma Custom Build Koa (acoustic), Taylor NS74CE (acoustic)> Martin D16GT (acoustic)>

Effects:
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell >  OD9 Silver > OD9 Silver > Analogman BiComp >
Loop Master 5 Loop (w/tuner out): 1. (Korg Pitchblack Tuner) 2. Whammy 5 w/ Midi  3. Black Cat Vibe 4. Line 6 M13 5.(empty) 6. Boomerang III

Amp: 1990 Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue w/ Weber Blue Dog 50 watt Paper Cone Light Dope

Buffered

I'm really sorry to hear that.. whoever buys the company better make one!
Gibson ES-339, PRS DGT & 408
Redplate CD2, Valvetrain Beninngton Reverb, Fryette Power Station
Little Miss Sunshine - Keeley Tone Workstation - MuFX Micro-tron III - Keeley Delay Workstation

Helping Friendly

I remember speaking to the creator back when I got mine a some years back and numerous times since. Very nice dude. I believe his name was Mike? I actually still have the number saved in my phone under Boomerang.  Tempted to call and see what's what. If the guy I talked to is the one who passed that makes me sad. He was such a nice guy and always helpful.  I think I even brought up Trey once because I wanted to know if I could get that "once" mod, but he told me my Rang III had it built in already and told me how to make use of it. He was well aware of Trey and phish which was cool. Always willing to help that dude was. Man I hope he is still around  :'(

trunkyfunk

Sorry for the delay yall. Been going from one wedding to the next these past couple of weeks. Still waiting on brooks. sent him all the measurements, even double checked the measurements over the phone with him. Havent heard from him in a couple weeks now. Hope he is ok. If I dont hear from him soon, there is a local luthier close by who said he would be able to put one together.

trunkyfunk

Happy holidays yall. Sorry for the delay on this, but this definitely took longer than I originally thought. So I got er done!!! I had a local luthier/guitar tech make one. I was able to grab a couple pics. He basically took the same outline of the equator bone saddle and made a brass version. He mad the total height of the bridge so that it sits directly atop the base piece. Mainly the guitar sounds sick....and in my ears, the way the thing is supposed to sound.
Brighter
"More Brilliant"
Less Muffled
I dont have any sound clips, as I think they would turn out shitty anyway (I have an older blue snowball microphone and dont know exactly how to set it up by the amp to make it work best)
My guitar tech was also interested in making more of these if anyone was interested. I also cant seem to figure out how to upload an image, it just give me the [img] thing.
Cheers

bigebeer

I would be interested. How much did it cost?

Helping Friendly

I would be interested as well