Equator Guitar Owners

Started by trunkyfunk, July 15, 2016, 12:45:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trunkyfunk

It ran me $125. can yall walk me through how to upload an image and i can post em.

seriesnuns

Quote from: trunkyfunk on December 28, 2016, 01:36:15 PM
It ran me $125. can yall walk me through how to upload an image and i can post em.

You have to upload them to a 3rd party site like imgur, then paste the HTML link given from the 3rd party website.

rmolsonguitars

I have a few of the ebony pieces with the slots cut and can supply a piece of 1/8 brass for someone
able to work the brass with a dremel tool.  I use a metal cutoff blade. First I grind the ends round and then,
I am able to grind  a 14 inch radius then lightly file. Next use 220 - 320 - 400 - 600 grit and finally polish
with 1000 then 2000 grit.

The stud spacing in mine are 2 7/8 - You may have to drill the stud holes out a little but I think
most are pretty much a standard size.  PM me if you need one.

R M Olson Guitars
Ollandoc Guitars
All Types of Hollow & Semi-hollow Guitar Kits
www.rmolsonguitars.com

Helping Friendly

Quote from: rmolsonguitars on December 30, 2016, 07:58:30 PM
I have a few of the ebony pieces with the slots cut and can supply a piece of 1/8 brass for someone
able to work the brass with a dremel tool.  I use a metal cutoff blade. First I grind the ends round and then,
I am able to grind  a 14 inch radius then lightly file. Next use 220 - 320 - 400 - 600 grit and finally polish
with 1000 then 2000 grit.

The stud spacing in mine are 2 7/8 - You may have to drill the stud holes out a little but I think
most are pretty much a standard size.  PM me if you need one.

Cool story bro

Mister Buddy

Hey Trunkyfunk. I'd be interested too. Where is your luthier based?

trunkyfunk

Luthier is based in St George Utah. He basically made a brass version of the equator one...Similar to Roberts but higher in quality. My builder made the piece mate with the bottom plate for optimal transfer of energy. I would be happy to pass him along. PM me and I can help yall out. I looked into Roberts', and his seemed hastily built and varying in quality. It seems as though you need tall brass, to allow for greater clearance on the strings to the tail piece.

Helping Friendly

Trunk- your pm box is full. I would be interested in a saddle for sure. You can just email me. Maybe some pics too if you have time. I would be very grateful.
My address is Jerzey2222@yahoo.com

Helping Friendly

I ordered a saddle from the guy in Colorado. I'll let everyone know my thoughts when I get it. I'll post pics also. Peace and love.

seriesnuns

Wanted to bump and old thread.

I purchased a used ollandoc recently for a parlor guitar. It had a tune-o-matic bridge, i bought a bridge from phred. Brought it to a luthier who had to grind the ebony down and he also slotted the bone.

Tone is noticeably better/different. Pretty happy the way it came out.

rmolsonguitars

I only used the brass saddle bridge in the current Ollandoc's

Also, do not use a tailpiece hinge. We now use a stainless steel bracket.
R M Olson Guitars
Ollandoc Guitars
All Types of Hollow & Semi-hollow Guitar Kits
www.rmolsonguitars.com

Buffered

Sweet guitar Series... think I talked to you on reverb about it... I was the annoying one :)
Gibson ES-339, PRS DGT & 408
Redplate CD2, Valvetrain Beninngton Reverb, Fryette Power Station
Little Miss Sunshine - Keeley Tone Workstation - MuFX Micro-tron III - Keeley Delay Workstation

Poster

so this david dude has stolen a bunch of money from people and disappeared. Sorry not sorry. This guy was a real piece of work from what 10 years ago. Anyway, there are a bunch of these guitars now - like a bunch of small archtop languedoc style guitars on the market - please be smart and do not send your hard earned money to a third world country. Good chance youll never see it again!

Glad everybody is enjoying their guitars. Do not support shady crooks.