New here! (kind of)

Started by cptnjackstei, July 21, 2016, 01:37:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cptnjackstei

Yo guys, just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Jack and im a professional guitarist based out of Cincinnati, OH. Ive been reading this forum for 4ish years/gathering bits of information from you all, so thanks for that! Seen a fair share of shows. Although im not after the "trey tone" whatsoever anymore, I did do that for a while and was into it! Stoked to learn more from you guys and share whatever bits I know.

nomaninnomansland

Yes! Welcome.... Please excuse the cluster flies...they are bad...at this time of year......

afountas

What type of tone you into now?
Guitars: Equator Mini, Fender Strat Deluxe, Tacoma Custom Build Koa (acoustic), Taylor NS74CE (acoustic)> Martin D16GT (acoustic)>

Effects:
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell >  OD9 Silver > OD9 Silver > Analogman BiComp >
Loop Master 5 Loop (w/tuner out): 1. (Korg Pitchblack Tuner) 2. Whammy 5 w/ Midi  3. Black Cat Vibe 4. Line 6 M13 5.(empty) 6. Boomerang III

Amp: 1990 Fender Deluxe Reverb Reissue w/ Weber Blue Dog 50 watt Paper Cone Light Dope

cptnjackstei

Here's an older picture of my board. its now without the compressor/without the moog chorus, and also replaced the archer with a morning glory. I just wanted to find my own voice and not go for the dual ts/middy hollowbody tone trey has (which I love) I shoot for a little more low mids/the clearest, most articulate tone possible. Where the drives speak extremely well/dont get in the way/frequency range of other instruments. Two rock cab and Dr. Z maz 18 help a lot.

(Just realized I have no Idea how to post pics, can anyone help out?)