just checking in...

Started by Wolfe, May 26, 2018, 07:58:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wolfe

Set your gearshift to the high gear of your soul!

Happyorange27

Whoa, I randomly checked the forum today and finally a post!  What's up dude. I'm great. Been gigging. I miss the good old days here where we devoted our lives to chasing the Trey tone dragon. I learned so much here and made plenty of friends that I stay in touch with on Facebook now.  Glad you opened the chamber if secrets today man.  8)
A.O. Hollowbody>Whammy II>MC-404 CAE Wah>Polytune Mini>Whipple Baby Tooth Fuzz>TS9 early 80's>TS9 Analogman Silver>Bone Squeeze Compressor>Wilson Effects Haze Deluxe>Fish N Chips Eq>Flashback Delay>gigfx chopper>Jamman Stereo>Fender Blues Jr. III w/ Billm mods & Cannabis Rex

Wolfe

it's been a good 28 hours.

I didn't get up this morning!

Yeahhhh!  Thought of you guys digging some Shine!
Set your gearshift to the high gear of your soul!

Heady Jam Fan

I also check sporadically - I still have the page "bookmarked" on Google Chrome, and I check in almost out of habit ;)

I'm still a massive Phish fan, but its a little too funky for my wife. She likes Folk / Americana / Blue Grass (and even some country and pop), so, as a couple, our favorite band is Grateful Dead. Been listening to more dead than anything lately.

I still have a primarily Trey-influenced rig, but I decided to expand a bit. I found I was using the single/parallel setting on my hollowbody more and more, and I was listening to a lot of Strat-based guitar, from Dead to SRV. I bought a G&L Legacy that I loaded with Joe Barden S-Deluxe Pickups, and I've been primarily using that guitar. I swapped my Celestion V30 212 for an EVM12L in a 1x12 and dialed in my Mesa Mark III for a "Twin on steriods" tone, rather than Trey's settings. But I can still get very close to his sound, especially with TS9's and a Ross.

Anyone keeping up with the newer live Phish music? I haven't heard much of the recent years after 2014 - I thought that was a great year! 2009-2013 was less enjoyable to me, compared to some of the older stuff. I might need to collect some of the new live recordings!
Headless Hollowbody > Mesa Boogie MK III > TRM Trucker 212 w/ V30's
Whammy 5 > Mini Wah > 74 Script Phase 90 > CP9Pro+ > 82 TS9 > 83 TS9 > Ross Compressor > Turbo-Tuner > 83 AD9

Buffered

Hey everyone,

Glad to hear y'all are still playing and things are going well!

I moved out to CO last July and have been played in a GD type band as well as getting out to as many open jams as possible! Feels really great to be playing a lot again and networking. Day job is solid.

For this, I've tailored my gear to be as "grab n go" as possible, getting my guitar rig in one trip from the car and being able to setup at these jams really fast.

Emma Discumbobulator v2 > Skreddy Little Miss Sunshine > Keeley Tone and Delay Workstations - these all fit fine on my PT mini with a little room to spare - There might be an octave pedal in my future? Pretty straightforward, while having the sounds I need/love and not being an airplane cockpit. Lots of fun!

I use a Valvetrain Bennington Reverb (Handwired DRish amp) and a Redplate CD2 (Fender style with ODS style overdrive) depending on venue. The CD2 has a loop and no reverb so the Delay Workstation is pretty useful in particular.

For guitars, I've still got the DGT and ES339, and I added an HBII back in January that I absolutely love.

Hope all is well!

Gibson ES-339, PRS DGT & 408
Redplate CD2, Valvetrain Beninngton Reverb, Fryette Power Station
Little Miss Sunshine - Keeley Tone Workstation - MuFX Micro-tron III - Keeley Delay Workstation

Stecks

Well hello everybody, long time. 

Stopped playing Ph for a few years, wanted to develop more of my own sound.  Played some this afternoon so I figured I'd see what's what around these parts.

Hope all is well!
Schecter C1 Classic - Takamine EG334BC acoustic/electric.  Tuner>volume>VOX wah>TS9> Morley ABY selector/split/combiner, PathA:CS9>BF2>DigiDelay, PathB:envelope filter>AD9, 1971 Fender Twin (slightly modded) amplifier

"Remember:  information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love is not music; music is THE BEST." - FZ