Main Menu

Mike's Signal Path

Started by strangedesign, October 30, 2007, 06:31:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

strangedesign

All aboard for the tour, riding next to the truth...

www.strangedesign.org

Poster

well thats not complicated at all

Walker done done

Quote from: \"posternutbag\"well thats not complicated at all

:lol:

Nuthin' to it.  Bunch a wires, boxes, electro-gadget-woohaa's and *poof*.....dirty funkdafied bass a la mode.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

Walker done done

You know that top pic looks like a science expirement or some weird molecular structure for some bad ass virus or something.  Friggin' Gordon.  On a side note (I always good for side notes, you know)....was watching a vid last night and Gordon officially has some of the most heinous outfits I've ever seen.  I mean...seriously?  Green jeans with a lime-green tee with the arms cutoff?  With the jeans tucked into his white high tops - for good measure, of course.  You've got to be kidding me.  My friend made a comment that perhaps the rest of the boys just egg him on to wear ridiculous outfits to see if he'll actually do it, and not to dissapoint or "lose" the wager, if it were, he abides and dresses as geeky as humanly possible.  Assuming it is a bet, I wonder what he wins?  Maybe first glass of the fresh mushroom tea in the green room?  Equally bad was Trey's pea soup colored velvet shirt he wore the first day....the thing looked like he took drapes off a house circa 1960 and made it into a shirt.  Why, I have no idea, but it was pretty friggin' ugly.  That thing should be turned into a shammy to wipe up vomit or something.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

Brian27

I have yet to see anything on the Clifford Ball DVD but rumors of a Feb 24th Release. Nothing on Phish Dry Goods or Amazon. I want proof now that this is spreading.

strangedesign

i hope they are releasing the clifford ball. That was by far my favorite phish festival to attend.

www.strangedesign.org

Brian27

What is the DVD that was mentioned above my post? Something to do with weird outfits and kick ass footage? That sounds like Clifford Ball. I have seen the Youtube vids and hope that its better then the 3 part documentary, but ill gladly watch the concert. Runaway Jim kicks ass.

Brian27

Walker done done

http://drygoods.phish.com/Dept.aspx?cp=773_15815

Okokokok.....you got me Brian27.

Loop 3 Boomerang+

Brian27

I pre-ordered the DVD set this afternoon so its all good. Thanks for the info on the outfits lol.

cactuskeeb

Pre-fender amp, 1996, is totally meh.

Brian27

Something about those Boogie heads and the CAE 3 channel Pre-amp gives me those chills i long for every time. I think the Fender Amps are nice but they have way 2 much noise when you turn them up and Trey never has used a noise reducer to my knowledge.

cactuskeeb

Noisy as in post-hiatus, non-compressed Fender amp tone, or are you rather suggesting that the whole Fender amp era, compressed ('97-'00) and non-compressed, is somehow too noisy, in your opinion?

strangedesign

the ISO-1's cut out any noise that Trey did get in his rig.

www.strangedesign.org

cactuskeeb

By "noise," I assume he meant the constant feedback swells and edgy grind of circa '99-'04.  Am I wrong, new guy?  That is what you meant, right?