Instructional Video section

Started by Walker done done, November 03, 2007, 03:28:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walker done done

I think we should add one where members can post videos onto youtube, and then post them here or whatever.  www.rukind.com has one and it's pretty popular.  We could all share riffs, lessons, how to play a certain passage, etc.  You know, play the passage at normal speed, then slow it down, talk about what's going on and stuff.  I think folks would find it very beneficial.  

Rukind has added a \"YOUTUBE\" button, sort of like the Img or URL button that's listed above the posting section, and all you do is copy the youtube link, then paste it here, and hightlight it with that new youtube link.  Hope that makes sense....I think my brain is farting right now.

Anyways, I think it'd be sweet.  I have a webcam and could start posting immediately.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

Poster

youtube embeds dont work... check the music and video section dude, ive already tried imbeding video and it doesnt work

Walker done done

Well then we need to fix it so we can upload vids.  And we should seperate the vids into categories, i.e. \"phish vids\", \"intructional vids\", etc.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

Poster

yea and you guys still havent locked the video and pictures thread for users with under 100 posts... people are probably stealing my pictures as we speak...

gratephulphish123

if this gets working i'd like to request driver, i could maybe do a vid for gin (how difficult i know, i know). but for alot of the fugues the videos would be a great thing

Poster

ok iam sttarting to think that maybe i should become some sort of mod as iam on here more than most.

also, ive realized the easiest way for us to share orginal compositions is to start a new music myspace page. we start a new free email address to register it, share the login info. this way we can post pieces of music on the player for download, send messeges, bulletins, pics, etc. also when we get a piece of music mixed we can post it for all of us to hear and download. we should be able to embed a music player from our site onto this forum somewhere.

also if you want to do instructional videos, register a free youtube account, upload your videos, and simply embed the link to your video ;)

strangedesign

I have something in the works I'm gonna build some more pages where you can login and manage audio and video files, embed youtube vids into this site, share any of these files either publicly or privately among groups that can be created by any memeber. I just need a week or 2 and I shouyljd have something going and then we can tweak if from there. I wouldn't even mind at some time linking it up to my other site's database,  www.shns.net
All aboard for the tour, riding next to the truth...

www.strangedesign.org

arkjdfgkjdbf

i'll do one vid at request.  these are the selections:

yem, dinner and a movie, fluffhead, the squirming coil, my sweet one, gin, lawn boy, bouncing around the room, cavern, poor heart, stash, guelah papyrus, tweezer, the mango song, chalkdust, rift, fast enough for you, maze, horn, the wedge, my friend my friend, weigh, it's ice, the horse, silent in the morning, julius, down with disease, wolfman's brother, brother, free, character zero, taste, waste, ghost, birds of a feather, meat, limb by limb, velvet sea, farmhouse, twist, bug, heavy things, dirt, pebbles and marbles, seven below, 46 days, waves, nicu, meatstick, mike's song,  weekapaug groove, possum, frankenstein, cities, jesus just left chicago.

these are just the ones i can think of, but if you're bent on learning some other song just post what it is.

Walker done done

Here's what I mean:

http://community.rukind.org/viewtopic.php?t=3546&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

See how you can embed a video right in a post ^^^ at rukind???  That's what I was thinking for here.  Scott, can you make it happen?  (add a youtube button?)

And arkjdfgkjdbf, how about a Weigh vid?  That'd be my top one if you're limiting yourself to just one.  Let me know if you're up for doing more.  Thanks.

Loop 3 Boomerang+

Poster

well that video embed looked cool. but lets try and liven up our video posts, that video was so boring i thought i was going to fall out my chair ;)

Poster

so where is the embed capability?

Walker done done

Quote from: \"posternutbag\"so where is the embed capability?

Good question, I'd do it if I knew how.  Scott, any ideas?

Loop 3 Boomerang+