Bathtub Gin chords (video)

Started by Walker done done, November 24, 2007, 12:55:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walker done done

Someone had asked a while ago how to play this, so I made a short vid of the chords w/ a little explanation.  Did the intro to the solo too but it's still uploading, will post it when it's done.  Played on my Gibson SG through my shitty little Fender Champion 110 amp w/ no pedals, so it's not the best, but you get the idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYzntWdF7pM
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

Poster

nice post! now where the video for Reba ;0)

Walker done done

Yeah, that's a work in progress at this point....
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

gratephulphish123

hey thanks, i see what you meant about the sliding a bit better now. when the reba video comes out i dont think it'll help at all, reba would take 600 hours to learn properly. when you write it memorizing it is different, if you're just learning it straight up it's a pain.

david bowie is a bit more managable hint hint nudge nudge

Poster

ya i dunno if i could ever really sit down to learn all of reba. there are actually a couple phish tunes i dont think i would want to ever learn. it would kinda ruin the air of mystery for me i think. then again, a couple of tunes i fucking love to play like >ghost>slow tweezer>cavern>moma dance (original version that they cut from farmhouse)
id really like to take the time to learn twist>waves>scents&subtlesounds>col forbin,,, as i know it cant be that difficult but ehh iam moving a women,dog,and cat across the country and have bigger phish to fry at the moment ;0)
:lol:

Walker done done

Yeha, some of their stuff is just fucking ridiculously hard to not only play, but remember.  I've tackled Stash, Divided Sky (still have trouble playing the palindrome part, though I have it all memorized), and maybe a few other \"hard ones\", but Bowie, Reba, YEM, Fluffhead....those I've yet to touch.  I only started playing when I was 21....am 28 now....and I think that was detrimental to my learning.  You know how they say it's easier to learn as a kid cuz you retain better and train your muscle memory better.  Well, it's true, unfortunately, but it doesn't mean I can't work hard and make up some ground, which I think I've done and am doing, but it takes a little longer sometimes.

If you have any requests, just shout them out, and if I can do them I will.

Loop 3 Boomerang+