rock n roll

Started by Stiles12, December 06, 2007, 01:33:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stiles12

The rock n roll that is on here just dosnt sound right... I have been listening to miami 12 29 03 and i like the jam they go into but i cant figure out some of the changes, can anyone help me out on this one
Guitars- Parker Fly Mojo, McInturff Standard, gibson 446.
effect and amp chain- Ts9 silver (X2), Rmc-3, (To Rack) Groove Tube Trio> BBE Compressor> GCX Audio Switcher> Whammy II> Boomerang> D-Two> Dm-2000> Tc electronics M-one XL> VHT 2:90:2
SPL Transducer

Walker done done

Quote from: \"Stiles12\"The rock n roll that is on here just dosnt sound right... I have been listening to miami 12 29 03 and i like the jam they go into but i cant figure out some of the changes, can anyone help me out on this one

Sweet show, I was there for that 4 night run w/ my wife.  I'll try to get a listen in today, but I'm pretty busy.  One good reason why: I am sending my Analogman Bicomp back for a refund and an exchange and am getting his Orange Squeeze pedal.  Gonna take the refund and am going out to buy Keeley's 4 knob comp @ a local music store that has one today.  Sweet!  Best of both worlds!
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

Stiles12

NICEEEE, Enjoy i use the same comp, lets you have some sustain when you dont want your ts9's on, very clean, and quiet, have fun with that
Guitars- Parker Fly Mojo, McInturff Standard, gibson 446.
effect and amp chain- Ts9 silver (X2), Rmc-3, (To Rack) Groove Tube Trio> BBE Compressor> GCX Audio Switcher> Whammy II> Boomerang> D-Two> Dm-2000> Tc electronics M-one XL> VHT 2:90:2
SPL Transducer

Walker done done

Stiles did you ever figure this out?  We play Rock and Roll in my band and I can tell you that the tab on this site is definitely not right, so you were correct w/ your original assumption.  Here's what I've posted over @ Emil's:

Rock and Roll
The Velvet Underground

C                       Bb6       
Jenny said when she was just five years old you know there's
F             F G F   C
nothing goin' down at all.
C                  Bb6                 F       F G F        C
She turned on that radio and there was nothin' happening at all.
C                  Bb6                     F              F G F    C
She turned on that L.A. station couldn't believe what she heard at all
C                           Bb6
She started dancin' to that fine fine music
    F                 F G F    C
Her life was saved by rock and roll.

D                     F
Chorus:  Despite all the complications they could just
         G                           F
         Dance to that rock and roll station
                      C            Bb6
         And it was alright(it's alright)
                  C            Bb6
         It was alright(it's alright)
                  C            Bb6
         It was alright(it's alright)
                  C
         It was alright.

Riff 1:
E ---------------------------------------------------
B ---------------------------------------------------
G ----------------7-^9—-7-7----7-9-10~--^12-10-9-----
D ---10-10~--9^10--------------------------------8---
A ---------------------------------------------------
E ---------------------------------------------------

Jenny said when she was five years old you know her
Parents will be the death of us all.
Two TV sets and two Cadillac cars you know they
Ain't gonna help us at all (not at all).

She turned on that L.A. station couldn't believe what she heard at all.
She started dancin' to that fine fine music, her life was
Saved by rock and roll.

Repeat chorus (substitute "complications" with "amputations")

Solo over verse chords:

B  R            B  R        |:         :|
E--(15)^17-15--12---------------------------17-----------------------
B------------------(15)^17-15-13-15-(15)^17-----(15)^17-15-13----13--
G-------------------------------------------------------------14-----
D--------------------------------------------------------------------
A--------------------------------------------------------------------
E--------------------------------------------------------------------

Repeat Riff 1

Repeat 1st verse

Repeat Chorus (substitute "complications" with something else that ends in "ations", and end on last "alright" and go straight into Riff 2)

Riff 2 (Trey's riff at the end which leads into the solo):

E ----------------------8--10^12-12p10^8--------------------
B -----------------8-10------------------10-8---8-----------
G ---------------9----------------------------9---9--7h9~---
D ---------8-10---------------------------------------------
A ------10--------------------------------------------------
E ---^8-----------------------------------------------------

Vamp on C & Bb6 "it was alllll-right", etc.

Repeat Solo

Start Jam in C & Bb6 and take off from there.  C mixolydian works well.
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

Walker done done

Hey Scott - can you replace this tab with the one that's currently on this site?  And on another note...can you show me in a PM how to update/change/add tab to the chords section?

Loop 3 Boomerang+