Alaska tab

Started by Walker done done, September 20, 2008, 09:11:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Walker done done

Bluesy shuffle on some of these chords.  See this vid for more: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3A0Z1RPQwo&feature=related.  Let me know if you hear something different than what I've written.  Enjoy, I like this tune a lot.

Alaska
Trey Anastasio/Tom Marshall

Verse 1 & 2:
C7
I always had to tell her to relax
        F                              C7
And the cat can slip in doors, through multitudes of cracks
         F9                 C         F9                  C
And it's funny what they'll do, cause cracks lead outside too
       D7
When I asked her where she's goin'
         G
She said far away from you

C7
Stuck here on my own now, diggin' down deep
F                          C7
I don't understand it, but I ain't losin' sleep
              F9  C        F9                C
I'm not gonna lay down, or head north out of town
D7       
I don't know, but I think I'll go
    G
And try dog mushin' with an Eskimo

Chorus:
    C7
In Alaska, Alaska...I think I'll try Alaska
F                                G
Somewhere she could wait for me, I'll catch up just wait and see
C7                        Em7       F
Idaho, Nebraska...I don't know I'll ask her
G                                    C7
I think I'll try...I think I'll try Alaska

Verse 3 & 4:
C7
I sold my old piano for the rent
F                              C7
I loaded up on bug spray and I found my daddy's tent
           F9   C           F9    C
Now I'm in high gear, doin' forty-five
D7       
I'm hummin' a tune, I won't see the moon
     G
Till sometime in July

C7
I guess I could've flown or took a train
F                                    C7
But you won't see a moose, if you're sittin' on a plane
                F9      C                 F9    C
And now there's no more road, but I got a light load
           D7
And if she isn't in Alaska
     G
I'll stay and pan for gold

Chorus:
    C7
In Alaska, Alaska...I think I'll try Alaska
Somewhere she could wait for me, I'll catch up just wait and see
C7                        Em7       F
Idaho, Nebraska...I don't know I'll ask her
G                                    C7
I think I'll try...I think I'll try Alaska

Bridge:
B                              E
Just when I thought I'd end up alone
A                         D                D#7
Big ol' 'laskan mama come walkin' down the road

(jam 2x over chorus, hold the last G in chorus 4x, don't go to the last C7)

Chorus:
C7
Alaska, Alaska...I'll stay right here in Alaska
All settled down and hav'in fun, here in the land of the midnight sun
      C7                                 Em7       F
Is it time to call the pastor?...I don't know I'll ask her
G                             
I'll stay right here...I'll stay right here (repeat this part 4x)
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 1: Whammy II > Nova Delay
Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+
Tuner: Boss TU-3

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

Poster

lumpy

ooh thanks for that. I meant to tab it myself....but I'm lazy

I love this tune

;D
can you still have fun?

strangedesign

awesome! I will add this when I get home. If it's not up in a couple days, somebody send me a PM or something, because I forgot.
All aboard for the tour, riding next to the truth...

www.strangedesign.org

Walker done done

Quote from: lumpy on September 22, 2008, 03:32:01 AM
ooh thanks for that. I meant to tab it myself....but I'm lazy

I love this tune

;D

Me as well....though I'm getting a lil' nervous that Trey's losing his oomph for writing some more "creative stuff".  Nothing against Alaska (love it) or most of the newer stuff (past 3-4 years) but really there hasn't been a lot outside of standard type chord progressions and what not - minus a few little flares here & there.  I do love Goodbye Head, though, and think it's a very well written piece.  Been meaning to tackle that one as well but work's got me pinned to the pavement lately.  Wanna collaborate on it by chance?  Might get me motivated....

I do hope the Time Turns Elastic piece turns out to be an epic opus, which by the looks of all the press surrounding it, it should.

Any of y'all catching some fall shows?  Shit sold out in minus-35 seconds (fucking scalpers/ticket agencies....democratic process my ass!), so all I got was far back in the balcony @ the Orph in Beantown.  Looking forward to it still, but it really pisses me off I'm gonna be that far back.  You guys know what I mean being musicians....it sucks not being able to see what they're doing.  I go nowadays as much to get down as I do to learn a few tricks/tips here & there. 
Guitars: Resurrection Phishy Hollowbody (koa top/back, cedar sides, Schaller Golden 50 pups, 2 series/single coil/parallel switches), Gibson SG Faded, Dean Evo, Fender Tele, Ovation Acoustic, Fender Acoustic

Signal Path: Garmopat-modded Vox V847 wah > Emma Discumbobulator > TS808 silver > TS9 silver > Ross Compressor (grey) > Alesis Microverb (reverb) > Mesa Boogie Mark III with custom 2x12 AO cabinet (speakers: Tone Tubby & Emminence Commonwealth).

Loop 2: Alesis Microverb (reverse) > Ibanez DM2000 > CAE Super Trem > Black Cat Vibe
Loop 3 Boomerang+

Effects not in use:  Voce Spin II (leslie sim), Boss DD6, Digitech RPM-1 (leslie sim), Analogman Orange Squeeze, Keeley 4knob Comp, Ernie Ball Volume Pedal, Super Hard On (boost), Ibanez AW7 (autowah), Denelectro French Fries (autowah) - If interested in any of these PM me.  Always willing to deal.

Walker done done

PS - the only thing I'm not sure about it the Alaska tab is in the bridge - I'm thinking that D#m very well could be just a D#7.  Whadda u guys think?

Loop 3 Boomerang+