Kevin Shields Rig (My Bloody Valentine Chicago 9/27/08)

Started by raisingfreen, January 11, 2009, 08:11:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raisingfreen

For any MBV fans in here. Lets all be glad we are not trying to emulate Kevin Shields!
From all the specs I saw I thought he had a simple setup. And love the sticky notes so you know what to use with which song. On another note if your looking for new toys there are a bunch on here I have never heard of or seen before. Enjoy.

http://zvex.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4005
AO Guitars - Venus Hollow Rim w/Wolftone Dr. Vintage Humbuckers
Signal: Tuner>MXR Dist+>Ross Comp>RV-3>Alesis Nano>Silverface Vibrolux

Poster

Lol dude should buy a keyboard if he wants to modulate his sound so much. I bet his clean tone sounds like complete ass running through all that digital shite, even if hes using a line opt buffer(s) etc.. He should learn how to play clean and have an engineer mix in that stuff if he had any clue. Its a shame, Im no purist, but the rigs I see these days are basically for people who cant really play guitar to begin with. Id love to hear him plug directly into his amp and manage to perform that material without people leaving the venue and asking for a refund... Furthermore, I like to think this site is a resource for people interested in some of the tonal mysteries of Treys rig and style. There is much to be said for at least some degree of originality, that doesnt have a damned thing to do with effects pedals. A players fingers account for 99 percent of what you hear. All the wrest of a rig should just be to compliment your style. Anybody that tells you different probably hasnt gigged out at a professional level or has no concept of what it is to be a real guitar player. Neat picture though, I feel bad for his guitar tech. Thats a shit ton of connections to test before a gig.

raisingfreen

Poster,
I should have added that what is seen there is the rack of stuff he brings to the shows to choose from or sorts. There are more pedal boards in other pictures. I just posted the one. Kevin Shields sound is pretty simply as he does a vibrato effect with his whammy bar so it sounds the record is warped. The pic posted is from a reunion show of sorts. I just thought is was funny that he had so much stuff. Most articles say he uses minimal effects and is mostly going direct to his amp.

Funny you said keyboard as I guess he had tried that for awhile and quit.

He does have a unique sound though.
AO Guitars - Venus Hollow Rim w/Wolftone Dr. Vintage Humbuckers
Signal: Tuner>MXR Dist+>Ross Comp>RV-3>Alesis Nano>Silverface Vibrolux

Poster

well i guess that would make sense ^ thanks for the info man cheers

fulltone1989

Guitars: Gibson ES-339 and LP studio w/ grovers and WCR Fillmores. Simon and Patrick Showcase Rosewood CW, PRS SE Semi Hollow w/ mods, modded Ibanez MC300NT
Amps: Groove Tubes Soul-O 45, Fuchs ODS 50 mod - EVM12L, Emi RW&B, and Weber Cali cabs
Ardx20 w/ Amaze0 in the loop.